View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 12:28 AM   #5
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Yes, I do have to go often and root through boxes and shelves of jewelcases to find anything I can use, but the thrill of the hunt adds to the experience for me...finding a good game amongst all the dreck is an adventure in itself.
I have the same habit, though I don't do that as often as I used to. I realized my game stack is just growing without me having enough time to play all of them, anyway.

I counted 66 games on my shelves, some of which are budget compilations of several titles, and the only ones I paid the full price for are Command & Conquer: Red Alert (the first game I ever bought and my only preorder so far), Diablo, Shadow of Memories, Silent Hill 3, Morrowind (though it's an edition that comes with Tribunal, but not Bloodmoon which I had to buy seperately), Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance, Rayman 3 Collector's Edition (which I chose over the standard edition mostly so I could give a Rayman backpack that came with it to my girlfriend at the time) and Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal. None of them made me wish I waited for a budget release (most of them never got one, anyway), but I'd always thoroughly informed myself what each game was like before I decided to buy it.

Now, I do experiment with bargains and budget titles, but rarely, and I never ever buy I game I haven't even heard of.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 05-16-2005 at 12:38 AM.