View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 04:18 AM   #34
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Tetris, Tetris, Tetris, holy crap.

Also every game Blizzard has made since WarCraft 1 except for WarCraft III for some reason. StarCraft, Diablo II, and World of Warcraft in particular hold top honors. Good lord.

Civilizatoin 1 is probably the first game I really remember being totally addicted to. (I haven't played any of the games in the series past 1.) I beat it so many times, both ways, with a bunch of different nations. What a blast.

There was also TIE Fighter, which I was really looking forward to because I enjoyed X-Wing. The former was an improvement over the latter, already an excellent game, by a factor of about a million. TIE Fighter was amazing. I had a poster in my room from an old PC Gamer listing their top 15 PC games of all time. I think almost a third of them were LucasArts games IIRC, and TIE Fighter was #1. I cannot in good faith disagree. Sam and Max was somewhere in the top 10 as well, but I can't recall the other LEC titles at the moment.

Minesweeper and Spider Solitaire for Windows never seem to go away. I'm not as good at either as I was a few years ago, though. I was a friggin fiend.

Halo 1 makes a strong case but since I enjoyed it most with friends on split screen or system link there simply isn't enough time available to put it in the same leagues as the above games.

Fire Emblem owned me for a while. What a solid game.

EDIT: I forgot about Heroes of Might and Magic. I played a WHOLE LOT of HOMM2.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright