View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

Nice review! I would have scored it the same way. This is a very, very good game.

The points about her outfit and dialogue are reasonable. On the other hand, while it may not have been realistic, it is perfectly in sync with how you might see an FBI agent portrayed in a movie or on TV. That's not always realistic, either.

I haven't played Post Mortem yet but I might after I finish Still Life. There are a few references to it that I didn't quite get but it's not required to enjoy the game, by any means.

One of my favorite things about this game is the art deco architecture. I love Victoria's dad's house... I'd like to live there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura's review
With Still Life, there are the few inevitable flaws — there always are even in the best of games. But if it isn't an instant classic, it is nipping at the heels of the all-time greats. Regrets? The only downside to this game is that it represents the last creative effort of the Canadian design team that used to be the heart and soul of Microïds. Still, if there had to be a final curtain call, this is what you would like to leave behind. Let the applause continue on after the lights have all been turned out. What a great game.
What a great paragraph.

Last edited by fov; 05-03-2005 at 12:43 PM.