View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #8
hengst2404

Send a message via AIM to hengst2404 Send a message via Yahoo to hengst2404

Good, you make me feel better. I thought perhaps I was just missing something insdie the game that explained all of this away. i also had the idea that it was likely just a non-American interpretation of the FBI and American criminal justice. But like you said its all about escapism so I didn't really question these things until after I was through the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
I am glad you mentioned that part. There were little details here and there that were sort of funny or off.

I thought the same thing. Why was this guy wearing what looked to be a standard police jacket. And why would a beat policeman for the city be hanging out at the offices? It did cross my mind that it was one of those cross-jurisdictional special task groups.

I am forgiving of little off facts or details in games made by non-US developers. They seem to have this euro-disney or movie hyped view of the US and how things are done here. Again it's that pseudo-realistic kind of escapism that I find kind of entertaining in games. So it doesn't bother me - but I do notice it.