View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #121
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Scottsie, Wormsie's new at this, so he's merely going by his very own vantage point. A few years from now his perspective will most certainly have changed.

I felt exactly the same way he did years ago when I first moved out of family and got my own place. I got f#&King sick of waiting for my friends to call me to ask me out, so I literally FORCED MYSELF to go to cafe alone, order a coffee alone, and sit down and read a book or write in my journal alone. It took a long time but I eventually got over my pathetic self and started to enjoy my solitary outings.

Then I eventually worked up the courage to go to the bars by myself. After I left my ex it was easy. I wasn't necessarily looking to get picked up, but I just love sitting alone with a drink and watching other people. I can honestly say that I am proud of my ability to enjoy my own company, smile at myself, and even chat with the bartenders. And you know what? That's when people come and try to meet ME! I've even been told by some guys that they were drawn to me because I seem to possess some kind of mystique to them. Which perplexes me because I'm just being me, and me by myself.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien