View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 AM   #100
EvoG
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
If you are aiming toward a non-gaming public, you might do well to emulate TAC in this respect. If, however, you are aiming toward a knowledgable adv gamer, then the forums is where to take your game info. If you are aiming toward gamers who don't usually play adv games, it is, IMHO an uphill battle you are facing. These people know Myst, but it is often not a positive view. They know MI, which generally is positive, but so are TLJ and Syberia, neither of which fall into the empty-world-with-obscure-puzzles realm, nor are they cartoony like MI.
I think I'm lost. My arguments are not to reflect my 'audience', though for what its worth I'm apparently aiming at those that loved the Lucasarts games in their adventuring prime. My arguments though DO reflect my opinions on why the genre is not going to see mega-million sellers, which there is, again, nothing wrong with. One though has nothing to do with the other. I'm making my game because its cool, and allows us to exploit our core talents (yikes that sounds almost PR). If you liked Full Throttle or Grim Fandango or yes, the Monkey Island series, thats where we're headed, so I'm certainly not using this discussion to gauge interest in any one particular type of game as its irrelevent at this point.

Lastly, I dont recall making an argument that included non-gamers. I mentioned gamers that dont play adventure games. Either way I'm not interested in the casual customer or creating a mass appeal game. I'm strictly aiming it at a hardcore niche who loves this type of game as I do.

Cheers