View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 PM   #98
EvoG
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
If you think "mainstream" adv gamers live for the MI next in line -
Didn't exactly say that; The odds of someone who doesn't play adventure games knowing about Monkey Island are much higher than them knowing of other titles. Nothing to do with their interest level in the genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
And while you may not consider them "mainstream", someone out there is buying these games. Perhaps you need to broaden your concept here.
Selling copies and SELLING copies are the difference between niche and mainstream, so I'll stand by my concept. I'm not going to argue they sell though, and I'd like to think you caught on to my attitude towards this genre and the games I want to create, as nothing I said was derisive, but rather on the contrary, and only that the genre is stagnating a bit, again, in my opinion.

There's simply no denying that this particular type of game is not going to be a million seller on Xbox, but does it need to be? Of course not. The bottom line is the games are still viable when realistic budgets are set...and ironically, budgets dont restrict creativity and inspiration, which I find lacking in todays selections, which account for lack of interest. A boring game is a boring game, FPS, RTS or AG.

Cheers