View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #87
samIamsad
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG

As it is this is not my view...more of the same when the same is good, is perfectly fine.

Of course, it is. It's just that almost every single adventure game *feels* exactely like that: "Hey, let's just make something like those old LA games and just forget about those 15 years of technological evolution. You know.. they were soooo great." And then the devs often fail, because the games then lack creativity. Style. And vision right from the start. Reading that your team has a professional writer involved, it's more likely your game won't end up feeling that way.

Maybe you should check out the whole article I referred to. It's a very interesting read. http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG
What makes one AG different from another is the story.
The - compared to other genres - rather strong emphasis on story and characterization is another "weakness" of the genre. At the moment. Why? I don't think it's that much of a secret that the gaming industry in general lacks capable writers. I don't say that they don't exist. I only say they are few and far between at best. And it most obviously shows in games with heavy emphasis on plot and characters. For some, like adventure games perhaps even in terms of quality of puzzle design and their integration into the gaming experience.

Last edited by samIamsad; 04-04-2005 at 06:59 PM.