View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #17
EvoG
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
There actually are some adventures out there that approach the level of HL2 and others in terms of graphical richness, even of sound. There's realMyst, Mysterious Journey II, WANTED, Sentinel: Descendents Of Time, and a few others. Unfortunately their good looks are not enough, they suffer from the unchallenged, tired conventions of most other adventure games, the details we've listed. It goes without saying that the most drop dead gorgeous graphics can't carry a game in the end. A good game must be good from the inside out.
I'll have to respectfully disagree...no where NEAR the quality of HL2, which is a given anyway considering the technology in the Source Engine, and Farcry has such an unbelievably immersive outdoor world...unless you've played it its hard to convey how incredible it is to explore.

Quote:
We have a horde of people here who swear by Planescape. It's one of the most beloved of the adventure game crowd.
"...and do not trust the skull..."

Quote:
Imagine what would happen if Bioware made an epic sized adventure game, with several playable characters, and an insanely deep, complex story.

But with combat? I was hoping to get a large bit of my last uber-post addressed as I talk about combat and the like. Either way I agree...

Cheers