View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 PM   #164
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
I've read a great deal about Dreamfall - have you missed the part where Ragnar Tornquist explains that you can avoid the violence by using evasion? If the example you gave of a cop were in a game, and had to shoot an occasional shot, but otherwise it would fit as an adv game, then it would be one of those exceptions that I referred to. If it were to be the premise of the game, however, I would consider it an action-adventure.

FGM
I am not sure you can do in every single scenario. He was talking about Zoe because she is not the fighter type, but there is Kian who is fit for fighting in the game.

"Kian - Soldier, apostle, assasin

Kian serves his mistresses without question. His mission is the destruction of those lives deemed unworthy by those he worships.

Now he is about to embark on a journey that will turn his world upside down, challenge his faith, and make him question the things he has always held to be self-evident and true..." He will be fighting, that's for sure.

Again as long as fighting is not a major gameplay element, but a tool to propel the story forward, I don't see why it's not an adventure game.

Firefox rules