View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #48
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage
Default Which "First Time"?

Being a gay man, it's a little hard for me to define what constitutes my "first time": Was it when I first did this or that, or would it be the first time I had those things done to me? Some things I remember very clearly who, where, and when, but other things I can only narrow down to one of two or three possible candidates and locations (obviously, some "first times" were less impressive than others), so I voted "other".
I'm a little surprised at how late everyone else's "first time" was, but then again, I was 6'1" and shaving by the end of the sixth grade, so I was something of an "early bloomer" in many respects.
By the time I was in high school, I was dating guys in their late 20s and early 30s (I didn't go out with one of our football team's defensive tackles until Senior year, and did so only because he asked me and I was so shocked it didn't occur to me to say "no".). When these guys would ask what I did, I'd just say "I'm in school". They assumed I meant college!
I was 18 the first time I was with a woman. She suggested I might not actually be gay because I had never been with a woman before, and double-dog dared me in front of a large group of people to try it with her. Since a double-dog dare cannot be backed down from, the die was cast: We did it. Although she looked exactly like Sean Penn would if he had boobs, the experience as a whole wasn't entirely repugnant. Afterwards I had a far better understanding of why straight guys made such a big deal about having sex with women, but comparing sex with men to sex with women is like comparing apples and oranges, and after the night spent with Mary Beth I went forward with renewed certainty that I strongly prefer apples.

Share the love.

<3