View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
badmojo
Adventure Addict

Why do I have a feeling you have some sort of connection with the developers of this mysteriously hard to find adventure?

I found the same post you just made HERE
Quote:
Hi all... GREAT SITE!

I have emailed you before but never got a reply, so I dont know if your updating this site or not, but.........Heres a bit of NEW news for ya.

I was looking in my local paper when I read that a new company (well, their an old company really, cos they started back in the Dragon32 and Amiga days) were all set to release an adventure game.

Its based on a well known authors book and it sounded great...And right now I’m getting fed-up with the shoot-em-ups that all the kiddies want to play...You seen the computer mags these days??? Not a real adventure in sight, unless you call running about shooting things to find a key to open a door an adventure!! LOL

Anyhow, I took a look at their site and downloaded the demo, and I have to tell ya, its BRILL…. Just a total great game. Better than 99% of the useless so-called ‘new releases’ that we adventures have had to put up with.

I thought I would tell you all cos a lot of the stuff on most adventure game sites are either about old stuff or about home-made games (NOT that I'm saying there is anything wrong with old stuff or home-made)
There’s just not a lot of new quality pure adventure games being released in today’s market, so these guys deserve our support IMHO.

Anyway, I gotta go now....but I will be back!
This site looks great and I can see me being pretty active on it... which should annoy the wife cos I spend far too long on line so she says. LOL

CU
Shane.

PS: I did find a site that had already reviewed the game, http://www.european-graphics-guild.tk/
I think it’s the fourth or fifth down on the review area.
I could be wrong.. but this is just weird. There's this new and un-heard-of adventure game that appears out of nowhere to a community full of people who thrive on finding new adventure games.

Then I find this on the game's website..
Quote:
Well, the site is now updated and you can now go to the download page to download a sample E-Book of TLOM. Please note that to run this E-Book you MUST unzip the file to a directory and then just run the EXE file. It has been virus checked and is clean.
So, what..? This is the demo? An e-book that's... an exe? Weird, once again. Hey, at least it's been scanned for viruses!

Oh.. and if you go to the area where can PURCHASE this game (wait, no screenshots? no demo? barely any info at all?) It links you to THIS. (yes, that's where you actually "order" crap from this guy...)

But wait! THATS NOT ALL! If you order within the next 3 seconds............!!
Quote:
The normal retail price (The one you will pay in the shops) is £24.99, but for the first 500 people who buy it from this site, you will only pay the special price of just £4.99. That’s an 80% discount, and you will only get this discount if you order from this site.
I have a feeling this game doesn't exist. I also have a feeling theres people out there hyping up this "game" hoping people will order it (and, of course, will never recieve anything in return). I've seen a lot of people duplicating these "this game is great" threads on various forums around the net. The demo "downloader" says theres too many people already downloading the demo (it says theres currently 350 downloads).. for a game nobody's heard of. Sorry, but if this were any fishier, it would be floating at the bottom of the atlantic. I'll pass.

Thanks,
-Inspector Gadget

P.S. You can find the author's website HERE and the supposed "game" HERE

I don't know why theres a largely detailed review for this game on the site posted by the author of this thread.. but then again, I don't know why there's a site detailing the culture and life of inhabitants on antarctica (there are none). Check it out here.... its quite funny actually

Last edited by badmojo; 03-27-2005 at 07:00 PM.