View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 04:57 AM   #75
Elton28
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
"God save the Queen" has to be one of the worst national anthems I have ever heard (and I'm British!), especially in a country where a large percentage of the population don't even agree with the Monarchy!

IMO a national anthem should be something that rouses the spirit of the nation, and this song just doesn't do it for me!

More preferable choices would be "Land of Hope and Glory" or "Rule Brittania"
And why the hell is it called "God Save the Queen" ?????

She doesn't NEED saving. She's surrounded by guards/security; no-one could even get near her LOL

Quote:
Well, I'm from the Southern United States, but:
I drink tea at every given opportunity, although down here it's served over ice.
I can tolerate British football much better than American football.
I would be horrified to see someone rake food on to their fork with their knife. That is simply too crude for words. I also learned this table-manners rhyme at a young age: "Like ships that sail away to sea, dip your spoon away from thee".
Does this make me a British changeling, or just very, very Southern?
Hmm....maybe you should leave America and come live here. But I can assure you, you will "tolerate" football a lot less if you were forced to see it on TV every given bloody moment and becomes more important than anything else in the world. I bloody hate football me. And am riled even more by the ridiculous salaries they are paid!!! People that save lives should be paid higher salaries, not pricks running around a pitch kicking a ball around

Besides, most footballers are thick as two short planks; Beckham and Rooney to name a couple, so IMO just do not deserve that big salary.

And look at the hooliganism it causes? Now don't get me started on that subject.....

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!