Thread: AGS vs SLUDGE
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #28
Kazmodan

Dragonrose,

Even though I understand what you said, I would like to comment on some of the things but please don't take them as anything offensive. I just wanted to say that in this day and age, "just artists and writers" aren't always what they used to be. For example, people working in film and game industries that do exclussively 3D rendering, animation work or various special effects are also artists, and I've seen several forum posts where some people complained about having to know various 3D rendering programs scripts, such as Maya's MEL scripts. Well, this is normal and is often necessary in this age. An artist who works with computers is also a little bit of a programmer or a scripter. On the other hand, big companies usually have dedicated programmers and scripters to help alleviate artists' work. But at least basic scripting knowledge for an artist is often a big plus. And the code or scripts is definitely not garbage. I feel bad for the programmers that have to stay up late, eat bad, live on coffee just to get a project done in time. I appreciate their work. Not saying you don't. But just wanted to point out that a little scripting or programming shouldn't scare an artist or a writer.