View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
fov
Rattenmonster

Default Another Code preview

Thanks for the preview. If this game does make it to the US I might just buy a DS to try it out.* I think this is a really exciting venue for adventure games, particularly because it's brand new. There's no one (yet) saying things like "You can't have adventure games on the DS because that's not what the DS was made for." And the DS's voice control and wireless access gives it some opportunities for new types of gameplay that PCs and consoles just don't have.

Last week during Satoru Iwata's keynote at GDC, just before opening it up to several DS demonstrations, Iwata said something that really stuck with me (and I've been looking for a way to work it into a conversation ever since!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata
...I am most concerned with what we think of as a gamer. As we spend more time and money chasing exactly the same players, who are we leaving behind? Are we are creating games just for each other? Do you have friends and family members who do not play video games? Well, why don't they? And, I would ask this: How often have you challenged yourself to create a game that you might not play?
At the time I thought "hey, he could be talking about adventure games!" And now seeing this first look at Another Code I think maybe he was.

-emily

*Well, this and the really cute virtual pet game that was demonstrated during the Nintendo keynote...