View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #20
SakSquash
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroksy
Surely you could't feel the joy when you kill the BOSS in Shinobi with a single slash, cause you all never had experienced that. Gamespot only gave a poor 7.4 to this great hi-speed ACT. Is there something wrong with their head?

Americans are good at making RPGs and adventure games. But for action games, they're really in their babyhood. And when you talked about the jaggies of PS2, I could confirm my point of view that Americans regard the graphics as the most important aspect. But this couldn't explain why you're still playing some very old adventure games. Because of their gameplay, right? I have the same reason to choose PS2 games. Besides, my favorite console is Dreamcast, for the great IKARUGA and tons of excellent action and shooting games.
See, I think American action games are the best. I think they're about more interesting subjects. For example, The Suffering, is about fighting your way out of a haunted prison. To me, that's pretty interesting. Now, I could have gotten otogi or whatever it's called, but what the hell is that about? Something about demons and crystals...or something. To me that's just crap. I'm not saying I hate all games from Asia, I loved Shenmue I (not so much the second one though), and FFVII was my introduction to RPG's, not to mention greats like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and i'm dying to get Fatal Frame (did I mention that one of my biggest regrets in life was not playing seamen when I had a dreamcast?). This is all probably because I don't like anime, so a lot of the Asian charm is lost on me, but mostly, I just find the games uniteresting. I have no need to play as a ninja in every game.

But, we both love (maybe loved?) the Dreamcast, so there's some common ground there.