View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:28 PM   #22
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
It seems like it's especially the girls that yearn to get that sense of security out of marriage. They're always on the prowl, and once they nab a guy, they force him into submission asap!

Quote:
All the marriages where I've seen older people (25-30) match up have seemed way more natural to me,

I don't feel a need to get married. Geoff and I already live in the same house, share the important things, don't have any plan or desire to have kids. We are legally domestic partners, and each other's power of attorney and stuff like that. I just don't see why, past what we already have and are to each other, getting a stamp of approval from church (or state) is important.

The only thing that sucks about it is his company won't let me on his medical insurance. If we were gay they would, but since we're straight and "could" get married if we "wanted" to, I'm not the real deal in their eyes. Bugs the hell out of me, but I'm not going to get married just to spite them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton28
Neither of us wears the trousers
Hanging out at your house must be awesome.

-emily

ps I am in that 25-30 age range, and it still freaks me out when one of my friends gets engaged! I don't think there's any "right age"... :eek:

Last edited by fov; 03-08-2005 at 08:36 PM.