View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #37
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I don't like Eminem because he's popular. I like him because he's one of the best artist who ever lived. You actually have to know about his past and listen to all his best (and by "best" I don't mean popular) songs to fully realize his genious. I'm sure that the songs you hear are "just Lose It" and... well, that's about the only song that's recently been played. You can't back statments up by just one song (and that's his worst song by the way). Then again, "Like Toy Soliders" has been played a lot as well. Which is a really good song. You may be hearing his songs, but you're not listening to them. There's a difference. I've listened to Greenday's songs and I don't personally like them.

You may not even personally like Eminem, but...

You know, this is all just a matter of opinion. There's no argument here. Never mind.
Ok, so I've heard the Slim Shady song, the one where (in the video clip) he makes fun about Moby, Mosh, and some others that I've heard in parties.
I got to admit, though, that I've never bothered listening to the lyrics, mainly because I don't understand them. Any opinion that I have on him is mostly based on the kind of music that he does, what his video clips look like, what I've heard about him, and the fact that everyone and his neighbour is suddenly an Eminem fan (one day I had never heard of the guy, the next there's Slim Shady all over my TV). Having read the lyrics you linked too, though, I still have a hard time finding the genius. To me, it's about the same kind of content as Greenday's lyrics, only less personal.