Thread: Chat RPGs
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 01:09 PM   #18
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that I thought that. It's just my general opinion on magic. I like that in this world you're telling me about, untrained magic is dangerous, though, that does balance it out a little.
Yeah, it does balance it.

Quote:
What's the scope of those illusions? Can you name an example? I'd love to hear more.
Well, illusions. He can produce images, that can entertain someone. Let's say, he makes produces the image of a monkey (everybody likes monkeys!). The monkey can move around, and all. Of course, it wouldn't fool a more powerful sorcerer. People without Gift might be fooled for some time, but not for too long. Also, since his Gift is small, he can't hold the illusions for too long, or it will start to take energy from his lifeforce (Performing magic in that world tires the magic user. The more magic you have, the more magic you can do. People with less magic tire more quickly form the use of their Gift. They have to rest to regain their energy.)

Quote:
I normally don't have characters that can fight at all - I prefer having people's strength be their mind or their charisma. Dread for example is so weak I like to joke that you can breathe at him and he'll fall over.
Actually, he can't fight at all, either. He prefers to fight with words. He carries a staff, but that is only as a support during his journeys. He'd probably put his eye out with the staff, before managing to hit an opponent.

Luckily, he is quite tall (for those times). He is about 1,90 m tall. That puts off some people - they don't know that he can't fight, and is clumsy.

He's not very muscular. He is fit, but that's all.

Quote:
Well, he's the gamemaster character. I can link you to his profile, but it wouldn't tell you that much, I guess, I'm horrible at keeping it updated. He's also into the whole "illusion" thing - and generally anything which manipulates what people see, feel, and the rest of that.
It would be interesting anyway. I can put up links to mine, as soon as I have put them somewhere online. (I can't link to the forum entry, because you need a password to get to that area, which I am not allowed to pass on.)

Quote:
Oh! Right. Silly me, I should have realised that. I still don't quite like the translation, though... but at least it's not something as cliché as "child of the sun" or suchlike. I had a character called Baratequaaj (a/k/a ArA) once, the translation of that is "silver water". Normally I take english names or names without a meaning, though, e.g. Dread, Rapture or Thennatyr. Anyway, I really like "Yabissa".
It's an arabian name.

Quote:
That works So I assume your character will be cautious using her thieving skills?
That goes without saying. Of course she got better with time (in the end she got the things she wanted to get from her brothers pockets, without him noticing). Also, she is really inconspicious. People often don't notice her, if she doesn't make herself noticed.

Quote:
Same colours? Was it the math teacher that inspired you to the two different eye colours, or what did? (Yes, I refuse to cease being nosey!)
I don't remember which colours exactly. But he was a very cool maths teacher. He was usually friendly (but if someone annoyed him, he could shout. Like that one time when some students were too loud out in the corridor, while there were classes going on). He also put gel in his hair, and the ips were dyed blonde. Like a blonde Hedgehog.

He was really nice.

Quote:
I'd have to wait six months! There's no way I'd survive that long.
"That is why you fail." - Yoda

Sorry, couldn't resist...

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!