Thread: Chat RPGs
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 12:30 PM   #17
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Well, magic isn't restricted per se.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that I thought that. It's just my general opinion on magic. I like that in this world you're telling me about, untrained magic is dangerous, though, that does balance it out a little.

Quote:
My character Gariel has a very tiny bit of Magic. It is nothing spectacular. He can do tricks with it, and probably create entertaining illusions (his job is to entertain people, after all.)
What's the scope of those illusions? Can you name an example? I'd love to hear more.

Quote:
By the way, Gariel is also very clumsy, and is not very good at fighting physically.
I normally don't have characters that can fight at all - I prefer having people's strength be their mind or their charisma. Dread for example is so weak I like to joke that you can breathe at him and he'll fall over.

Quote:
That character sounds cool!
Well, he's the gamemaster character. I can link you to his profile, but it wouldn't tell you that much, I guess, I'm horrible at keeping it updated. He's also into the whole "illusion" thing - and generally anything which manipulates what people see, feel, and the rest of that.

Quote:
Well, I thought it would fit, because she is from a desert area. So it's more her origin that is described, rather than her character.
Oh! Right. Silly me, I should have realised that. I still don't quite like the translation, though... but at least it's not something as cliché as "child of the sun" or suchlike. I had a character called Baratequaaj (a/k/a ArA) once, the translation of that is "silver water". Normally I take english names or names without a meaning, though, e.g. Dread, Rapture or Thennatyr. Anyway, I really like "Yabissa".

Quote:
I think I have a pretty good one. She has an older brother. Let's say, he has something (sweets, something he took away from her, etc.), and Yabissa wants that. So she tries to get it from his pocket. At first she wouldn't succeed, but would still keep trying. And of course, a little child trying to get something from her older brother wouldn't get it's hand chopped off.
That works So I assume your character will be cautious using her thieving skills?

Quote:
Right eye green, left eye blue. I once had a math teacher with two different eye colours, by the way.
Same colours? Was it the math teacher that inspired you to the two different eye colours, or what did? (Yes, I refuse to cease being nosey!)

Quote:
Well, the two character rule is only for the first 6 months. After that you may have more.
I'd have to wait six months! There's no way I'd survive that long.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™