Thread: Chat RPGs
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 11:39 AM   #13
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
For example: Right now the RP is in a time before the events in "Trickster's Queen" (or was it "Trickster's Choice"? I don't know) - apparently there was a rebellion of a group of people in that book, and this rebellion will happen in about two months in the RP (I haven't read that book yet, though).
I haven't read any of the books, but I have respect for those who can set up a roleplay that doesn't follow the same plotline but has a couple of it's events tangent the plot! It sounds awesome. I'd love to hear more about that.

Quote:
Also, I think it makes sense to restrict people from creating characters that are related to the characters from the books.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Healing magic is restricted right now, because there were too many (Alanna has healing magic, so everyone wanted it too).
I'm generally opposed to magic (and non-magic shapeshifting) in any roleplay, no matter how fantastic. The fewest people can play a mage convincingly... most just get stuck in the whole "look at me, I can make objects float" aspect of it, and their character personality is neglected. So I can understand how magic of any sort would be restricted! I just avoid fantasy completely these days.

The most fantastic character in Crimson Feather is the gamemaster character, Dread. Dread can invade people's dreams (it's an astral/electromagnetic phenomenom) and convince them of their own death. He's not a pleasant fellow, but his character is only interesting because of his personality, which has far more depth than your average sociopath might... At least I like to flatter myself with that thought. Not sure if the claim is right - I can't look at it from a truly outside perspective, afterall. Dread is bound by freeform rules, though, so he doesn't get to do anything to anyone without the OOC permission, or that it's required to "moderate" an IC action gone awry.

Quote:
I also found out that you only have to get your first character approved. I guess they assume that after that, you know what is good, and what is a No-No.
Oh, good!

Quote:
(now called "Yabissa", because they told me that they had a lot of characters with names starting with "Sh". It would be too much confusion. "Yabissa" means "dry one")
Admittedly, I like the name... but not the translation!

Quote:
Also, I need a good reason of how she learned to pickpocket. The thing is, that if you are caught pickpocketing, you lose a hand, and that pretty much ends that career.
Uh-oh. I'd love to help you in this regard, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about the world. But if I think of anything that would work in a medieval setting off-hand, I'll be sure to post it.

Quote:
Until then, I will use my other character, Gariel Goodmold. A 30 year old, grey-haired, wandering Minstrel, with two different eye colours
What colours? (*noseynoseynosey*)

Quote:
In the first 6 month after having been approved to the RP, you can have only two characters, because that is easier to manage.
I think in the last version of Crimson Feather, I had 12 characters at one point. Only about four were seriously deep characters, though, the others were just character sheets of people who had some relevance to the plotline but were flat and were rarely played...

Just two characters would kill me, I think.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™