View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #33
Tamara

I've been playing this for the last couple of days on my boyfriend's PC (which unfortunately means I can only play it at weekends .. though that's probably a good thing if I wanna get any work done ). It's great, although, yeah, in many senses more of the same .. I loved the original though, so ... <shrug> I amused my boyfriend at the overly intense way I play it .. keeping replaying scenes to get them cinematically perfect. I'm finding the game harder than the first one, but that's because of my perfectionist streak .. I try to get through every single fight without getting shot at all. In fact I ran out of space to carry painkillers long ago ... So, basically, oodles of fun .. couldn't really care about the story, but that's not the point, it's no TLJ or even NOLF. The action is just plain fun though. I'm not using bullet time per se, only shootdodges .. because the former just somehow seems to me to be cheating. I loove the physics .. though if you're hiding behind boxes and go too much forward and push them over, it can be annoying I don't agree with trep though, that the character models are that realistic, though .. I have it on highest detail, and while the faces etc are great, the models are a bit too blocky and angular, particularly arms and shoulders, and the movement can be very stiff, too. I was disappointed by the in-game kiss between Max and Mona, for example. *However* it's still pretty much the best game I've played all year .. even forgetting the fact that it's practically the only one