View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #62
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Things were totally fine before this thread started, so why would we have to start changing things just because someone's asked a question about it?

- Should we block younger people from registering? No, because with a couple exceptions we've never had trouble with younger people on these boards. We've definitely not had more problems from younger people than we have from older ones.

- Even if we don't block younger people should we start censoring ourselves in case a kid is watching? Again, what? The board worked fine before this question came up and people started over-thinking the problem. How many letters of complaint has AG got from parents about their kids stumbling across this forum and finding inappropriate content? Or, how many threads have shown up from them? How many kids have written in saying their parent grounded them for reading the AG forum? I don't know the answer, but I would bet a lot of money on "none," or maybe "so few it doesn't matter."

Just because these questions were raised does not mean that it is suddenly a serious issue that necessitates us altering our behavior.

The fact of the matter is, this isn't an issue at all. None of these things are problems that really exist on our board. I propose that we do nothing and stop wasting thinking and worrying time on the mtater.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens