View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #9
LauraMac
Bearly Here

Quote:
Laura is this a true murder mystery and is the game interactive enough
I didn't get into any in depth talking about the pros or cons as I have seen literally just a slice of the game, this being what I would think is the extended publishers demo.

It definitely [caveat] is at this point, highly interactive. I was just very impressed by not just the quality of in game cinematics and animated pieces but by the variety of styles employed in them. I don't want to spoil the surprise by detailing them much more than that.

No - to answer you. This WAS not [caveatagain} one of those walk your character from cinematic to cinematic -- games. There is a great deal of interaction, from passive comments about things of interest yet no game advancing value, to a versitile dialogue scheme (able to stick to just what you need to know to move on or adding in character enhancing side comments) to hands on practical crime scene tools, to stand alone puzzles, to inventory based challenges, to well --- it goes on.

And that's just the preview. Now I suppose it could be like a movie teaser and not represent the whole game - so I can't say til I get that code whether the story line works itself out logically, and so on. But this was one engrossing game so far. that's all