View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 03:27 AM   #20
Daxie

Default "X-Files" - Soundproblems under Windows XP

Hi,

I have the same sound problems with "X-Files - The Game" as danakscully64 has.

After installing the game onto my harddisc (i chose the biggest installation - appr. 3 GB - so I don't have to change the CDs all day) everything seemed to work well - except for the sound.

I finally remebered to activate the Compatibility-Mode, and that worked - at first.

But everytime I open the main menu in order to save my game the sound is gone!!! (background sound, cutscene speech, etc...) It doesn't even help to quit the game and reload my old savegame. The only thing that helps is to exit the game, start it again and begin a completely new game. But what is that good for when you can't save your game?

I also wrote an E-Mail to the game's support, but the only thing they told me is that they cannot guarantee compatibility with XP, since the game came out at a point when XP did not yet exist, and the game is optimized for the operating systems mentioned on the box.

I didn't plan to play it in one session (and I don't want to go back to Windows 98 where the game worked fine), so please help me!!!

This is my system:

Windows XP Professional (SP 2)
Radeon 9100 IGP
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3,20 GHz
Realtek AC 97 Audio
DirectX 9.0c
Quicktime 6.5.1

Thanks in advance!!!

(Sorry for my bad English, it's astonishing how fast you can get problems writing in a foreign language you don't use very often...)