View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 03:00 AM   #12
Hendroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
That was her experience as an veteran adventure gamer, and you can be sure many other people thinking of buying the game would benefit from exactly that perspective.
That's a good point. But something like "This is a good game, but it is higly unrecomended to those who don't like action" would make the same result without downgrading the game too much.
It is said that action is poorly implemented in the game. Well it is evident that, I and others liked the action sequences.
As for the mazes, they were not difficult at all. I.e. there's an impossible maze in "Legend of Kyrandia", the Serpent's Grotto. It is an huge maze (the area of the maze is big like the whole forest in Quest for Glory I) and you had to carry some strange "fireberries" during the exploration or you would end up eaten by beasts. That was extremely boring because the character died too often. But mazes in LC are more like "find the object, find the exit", they do not involve any action, apart from the nazi fighting. One bad thing about these, was that you weren't able to escape like in FoA, and it was extremely difficult to find the right answer to avoid fighting, so I used to save often and try again. But it has to be taken into account that FoA learned from its predecessor's flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
She dislikes action sequences, and yet gave Full Throttle a better grade.
There's not much action in FT, and the Mine Road combat is rather easy, as it only involves mouse clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco2.5
I dunno, 4 1/2 stars for Fate Of Atlantis seems pretty low.
...and if you read the review there's no clear reason for this. So I guess it has to be those action sequences.