View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #12
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
Wow, two of the regulars returned. We've missed you guys.

Mares, how did it feel to be back in motherland? I was there for x-mas and the new year. When did you return?

Btw, srecna ti nova
I got back to the States about 2 weeks ago.

Well I dunno, Voodoo, I'm kinda infatuated with western Europe right now (I spent X-mas and New Year's in France with my uncle's family. ). I passed through Slovenia twice. The first time, I bought two packs of chewing gum (hey, always willing to help that booming economy ). The second time, I had to listen to a whole buncha old farts knocking Slovenia, how it ain't as rich as Serbia...They were like "We've got everything, just no money..." <--that there is a toothless old fart smile, they being so proud of themselves. The point being, I'm just tired of how dysmall the situation in SCG is, and how everyone keeps complaining (even though they've got every right to). I have a 19 year old strikingly blond friend who, when talking about politics, goes into this full blown cynicall mode that even alters his voice to the point that I could've sworn he wasn't blond and 19, but white-grey and 70. Don't get me wrong, I was overjoyed to see my family and friends, even good ol' Belgrade, it's just that a healthy dose of reality smashed my nostalgia to pieces. So, that's my obligatory rant, had to happen sometime. Srecna nova, btw! Maybe you could tell me about your impressions, since you travel the on west-east route far more often then I do?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem