View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 11:33 PM   #9
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It sounds awkward, but somehow I feel as I've been 'spared' the chains because the era of LucasArts and Sierra passed me by. That I can enjoy various 'story driven', 'puzzle inflected', or 'exploration encouraging' games and not feel weird about it because I'm supposed to be enjoying a historically correct notion of what they're supposed to be according to a tiny group of people. Who knows? Maybe even if I had partaken what others here had back in the 90s I may still be wide open to the possibilties and never cage myself in. But that has more to do with my being, um.........intrepid?

Believe me, I went through that period and it is what gave me my appreciation for story- and/or character-driven games, which is precisely why I don't put up with crappy Egypt clones, and why I adore stuff like BGE.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright