View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #15
EasilyConfused
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Are you asking why I don't consider the Arcadia portions of TLJ to qualify it as a fantasy adventure?
Yes, that's what I was asking. I see that I'm still not making sense now, even though it's not 5a.m. This was a very thoughtful explanation--I mean, I had never thought about TLJ that way before. I found the Arcadia portions of the game much more compelling than the Stark portions--I thought the dystopia was fairly familiar and repellent, and the Arcadia stuff much more creative--the old guy on the pier, the cranky pilot, the Ambassador who is unstuck in time, even that freaky crab-person who can only sort of Morse-code for help. But, it might be a question of temperment or as you point out, where you are in your life when you play . . . or else how much other fantasy you've encountered (me: not enough!) But I agree with you and Jazhara, TLJ is a platypus (or maybe a centaur? or how about a mermaid!), so couldn't truly qualify. Anyway, I will stop rambling before the thread about how great your preview is turns into the TLJ fan site.