View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 09:46 AM   #10
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
[Delayed reaction . . .] Emily, great review! The first time I read it it was about 5am or something and all I got out of it was "Montreal"; "fantasy"; "system specs are . . . ". I thought, hm, I wonder why she didn't say anything about what the game is about? D'oh.

I think the game looks really interesting. I like the fairy tale element to it--Lydia looks to be at least in part a grown-up, turned-around Little Red-Riding Hood figure (she even has the wolf (dragon)). Re: fantasy in games--Emily and Jazhara, would you say that TLJ (in the Arcadia part) wasn't what you were thinking of, or is it something darker that you are looking for?

LauraMac, if we poke you again will you divulge the secret info, or does that only work once?

What do you mean, exactly?

Do you ask if I was expecting Arcadia to be different from what it actually turned out to be?

If yes, then I have to say, I am not sure. I remember that I had imagined to moving in between the worlds to be different - that you could move between them at will (I had only read one review).

I really liked the Arcadia part in TLJ. It is not your "0-8-15" kind of fantasy world; it is original.

But I also like what I have so far seen of the Keepsake world.

I can't really think of a setting in a fantasic world that I did not like in at least some way, rifht now (even "Torin's Passage", which in my opinion was ruined by the ending, had a good setting. The World-inside-world-inside-world-etc. idea was really good).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!