View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

I'm excited! (Though I guess I now know more about it than most people do.) And although I understand Terabin's statement about the KQ games, the fact that I've played all the KQs isn't why I'm excited about Keepsake. I think the gameworld looks lovely and the story sounds interesting and different than a lot of what we get nowadays. I don't think I really noticed that there has been a hole in the genre, but now that it's been pointed out to me - yeah, it's about time we had a fantasy adventure to play.

The fact that the team has been relatively quiet during so much of the game's development is a good thing, I think. A lot of developers make announcements before the game is very far along and then the game changes, but the announcements can't be retracted, and the players wind up disappointed after months / years of anticipation. (Ahem - legacydarkshadows - ahem.) I get the feeling with Keepsake that there's already a lot finished - the screenshots look pretty good (and varied) and Q2 2005 is not too far away, so they must have a lot done.

-emily