Thread: LiveJournal?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 07:10 PM   #24
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

I finally started a journal on Blogspot, a Christmas gift to myself. It'll make keeping a diary much more convenient, I'm on the computer most days and I've bookmarked it to go directly to a blank posting field, ready to receive my entries. I will still use my physical journal when I'm at places away from home.

I haven't much looked at many other people's journals, but from the few I've sampled thus far I realized how differently I write, the contents, the minute details of my life, what they mean and why they mean. I guess I just delve into things in a particular way. In hindsight, many of my physical, handwritten journal entries have had a Socratic modus operandi about them.

Some time back I had commented that I don't feel comfortable expressing myself so intimately in a very, very public space (the Internet). But I've changed my mind. There is no human experience, no matter how painfully personal and individual, that is not universal and deserving of empathy and compassion by others.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien