It’s another oneman-made adventure game and this one really stands out!
- The style of the game. You can feel alot of effort went into making it.
- Great soundtrack, it sounds alot like Deus Ex.
- Christian miller, the creator did the voiceacting of the protagonist and the robotic ally. Now the protagonist was decent but the voice of Proto-j(esus) was amazing. The Six Billion Dollar Bawler sounded like a pissed off hilarious gangbanger robotic teenager. He just nailed the voice, it was perfect!
- Great action scenes and puzzles.
- Interesting characters, locations and technology.
- Cyberpunk on acid = I don’t think you are meant to take everything seriously. I mean robots being pregnant, old telephone booths in an era where consciousness gets created, hacked nicotine ciragettes,etc.. it’s just REALLY WEIRD and gets helluvalot weirder in the end. But it just WORKS. Still it does have some serious and disturbing scenes.
- The story starts in the right direction but ends up being generic.
- Lots of the dialogues are huge blocks of texts. It can get tiresome when you don’t hear short human responses but speeches about the inequality of the world (99% vs 1%).
- The allies (4) can get in your way when you need to click something. Yeah you can tell them to get out of your way but it’s annoying to have to do this everytime.
- Pop culture references are just weird and don’t work because i still think it’s happening in the future while it isn’t (it’s the year 2038 in the game..i know right) and they talk about game of thrones,bruce willis, Mr Robot,etc..Also parodies on names like Clinton, Bush.
Conclusion: Amazing game! I love cyberpunk theme games and Neofeud has def. some Altered Carbon & deus ex influences. Anyways, check it out! 4,5/5. A sequel is being worked on, so hooray!
Read the review »
Time Played: 10-20 hours
Difficulty: Just Right