- Great graphics, i’m a sucker for pixels.
- Great voiceacting
- Retro text option!
- Love the “normal/hard” choice!
- Some fun eastereggs for the more veteran adventure players
- You could solve puzzles and acquire items that you don’t need at that point in the story which creates a chaotic gameplay. Also the check list is a really bad help tool when you are stuck in the game as some quests can only be done in a different chapter or end of the game (e.g: dad’s redemption, fingerprint chuck,etc..). Also some illogical puzzles and bugs.
- The dialog options are sometimes over the top. I always cringed when they talked about adventure games/Lucasarts.
- What’s up with the story? I had the impression the murder story didn’t pan out so they went all matrix which failed horribly! I mean they could’ve implented it much better in the story, but instead it made every chapter pretty much pointless.
- Terrible locations. All dead. The music doesn’t help either. The map you use to travel around is horribly made, it looks like it was made in MS Paint. Oh yes, they used the empty dead locations as part of the storyline..yeah right, they probably ran out of money/time.
- Uninteresting characters. Everyone in town was so bland. The playable characters too except maybe Ransome and Delores.
Conclusion : The story really bombed. The puzzles are decent. The characters are boring. It is still worth it? No, i say skip it and go play Monkey Island 2.
Read the review »
Time Played: 5-10 hours
Difficulty: Just Right