• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Baron_BlubbaCaliMonkchrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I bought a second hand copy of Broken Sword 5, but…

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

The stupid Steam activation code has already been used.

What’s my best/cheapest option to get a new code?

Cheers

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Your best option is to wait for a sale. And to get it from gog so you dont have to worry about it being locked into one platform.
Your cheapest fastest option is to go to a grey market site that sells keys from questionable third party sources. If you do that you run a risk of the keys getting revoked.
Really you should be trying to get refunded for the used copy you bought.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Either buy it from GOG or get the DRM-free option from Humble.
There may be a Labor Day Sale around September 4, at least if you’re in the US.
You can get half off or sometimes even more during a sale.

Most so-called “physical” releases of recent games don’t even have the game on the disc—it’s either a blank disc or has nothing but a Steam installer on the disc—no game at all. So beware of recent physical releases unless you know for sure the game is an exception to the rule and actually has the game on the disc.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Keep your eye on this site to see when it goes on a good sale.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

zane - 23 August 2017 12:10 PM

Your best option is to wait for a sale. And to get it from gog so you dont have to worry about it being locked into one platform.
Your cheapest fastest option is to go to a grey market site that sells keys from questionable third party sources. If you do that you run a risk of the keys getting revoked.
Really you should be trying to get refunded for the used copy you bought.

I bought it from a charity store for $1.25 so I’m not gonna ask for a refund lol

Actually, the amazement of actually finding a copy of Broken Sword 5 in the wild was worth the price of admission alone Grin

crabapple - 23 August 2017 03:25 PM

Either buy it from GOG or get the DRM-free option from Humble.
There may be a Labor Day Sale around September 4, at least if you’re in the US.
You can get half off or sometimes even more during a sale.

Most so-called “physical” releases of recent games don’t even have the game on the disc—it’s either a blank disc or has nothing but a Steam installer on the disc—no game at all. So beware of recent physical releases unless you know for sure the game is an exception to the rule and actually has the game on the disc.

I’m from Australia so probably can’t take advantage of that sale

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

It’s often been bundled on bundlestars with the other 5 games and hence is available re-sold on g2a for peanuts:

https://www.g2a.com/broken-sword-5-the-serpents-curse-steam-key-global-i10000003626002

People will advice you not to buy from g2a as some scammers sell on there. However as this has been bundled so often it’s likely to be a legit key.

Don’t bother with any of their cover/insurance, untick their shield and pay the base price.

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Supplementman - 24 August 2017 08:19 AM

It’s often been bundled on bundlestars with the other 5 games and hence is available re-sold on g2a for peanuts:

https://www.g2a.com/broken-sword-5-the-serpents-curse-steam-key-global-i10000003626002

People will advice you not to buy from g2a as some scammers sell on there. However as this has been bundled so often it’s likely to be a legit key.

Don’t bother with any of their cover/insurance, untick their shield and pay the base price.

Cheers for that, I got a key off eBAY anyway that worked.

Disc is pretty much useless now which is sad to me

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top