• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Silent Footsteps now Released! Giveaway winners announced!

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

RebKean - 13 September 2017 03:49 PM

I uploaded a walkthrough on YouTube today. In case someone needs a visual aid.  Smile
Complete Walkthrough

Oh that reminds me - the hint system was really good! Smile

RebKean - 12 September 2017 08:11 AM

One location was re-used from Hope Springs Eternal. It had a purpose though, but I’m sorry you felt it was a bad thing. Mikael and I have visited the same places at times, so get ready for that if you play the next one.  Tongue

Thanks!

Not necessarily a bad thing, but I must have missed the purpose! What was it?

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Yeah, the hint system works very well. I owe Carol Reed a lot.  Tongue

Well, the purpose was to use the same location where Nisse worked In Hope Springs Eternal. I’m not saying everyone will remember that, but I saw it as a bonus thing. It connects that game to this one in a way.That was my thoughts anyway, but I didn’t mean to argue about it lol, just wanted to say that I didn’t just throw it in there to get more scenes. I guess a lot of things you do when creating a game, is done for your own pleasure.  Innocent

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Oh, are you talking about the car wash? I haven’t played Hope Springs Eternal.

I meant the steel factory which was in the most recent game. I think there was another location as well, but I’m not sure.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Aha, well if you ever play it, you will recognice one scene as being the exact same one. (I’m on the phone now, and can’t add the spoiler thing)

You’re correct in that some scenes are from the same places. Not the same photos though. Mikael and I was there together, that’s why.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now played the game & enjoyed it very much!  Thumbs Up The navigation once I’d got the hang of it was for the most part okay. I didn’t mind the filter effect at all, in fact I hardly noticed it, & it was a pleasure to amble through some of the different locations & revisit a couple I recognised. I liked the story & the way it linked to Hope Springs Eternal which was the 1st Carol Reed game I ever played. I also liked the bizarreness of the dream sequence with the interesting characters.  There is a hint though that there’s a little more to the story - will that be tied up in the next game?  Smile

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

chrissie - 16 September 2017 07:53 AM

I’ve now played the game & enjoyed it very much!  Thumbs Up The navigation once I’d got the hang of it was for the most part okay. I didn’t mind the filter effect at all, in fact I hardly noticed it, & it was a pleasure to amble through some of the different locations & revisit a couple I recognised. I liked the story & the way it linked to Hope Springs Eternal which was the 1st Carol Reed game I ever played. I also liked the bizarreness of the dream sequence with the interesting characters.  There is a hint though that there’s a little more to the story - will that be tied up in the next game?  Smile

Oh man, I was writing a reply, and all of a sudden I was redirected to the main page! That was fun.  Tongue
I’ll try again then ... (on Chrome this time)

Very happy you liked it! The navigation is a bit NOT like Carol’s at times, but at least I can change that until next time. So that’s a good thing after all.
Cool that you made the Hope Springs Eternal connection. An “extra” bonus can be seen at the end of the credits. But you have to let the music play out in peace. Nothing important, I just thought it fitted perfectly lol. And I liked the idea of a dream, since there are no rules in them.

The hint you talk about is well, not really meant as a hint per se,
but more about how it would feel not really knowing. As a first timer, this was a long process, and some changes have been made. And it almost sounds like a cliché, but you can’t decide things and then stick to them. You’re along for the ride in a way. I learned that you might have an idea in the beginning, but in the end it might have changed a lot, so it’s very much a process. Not really a clear answer lol, but it was perhaps meant to be a possible open ended end, and Rebecca might comment on it next time, but I can’t say for sure since I’m just starting THAT process now. 
I seem to have a problem stop talking.  Innocent

But what we do know is that Marie Winter is behind bars, and also Nisse. We don’t know for how long, but I guess that’s always the case in games/real life.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top