• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Silent Footsteps now Released! Giveaway winners announced!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Looks very cool, I’d love to be in too!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-02-05

PM

I’d love to play this game!!!

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

OK then, I’m drawing 3 names right now ...

BitingWit 

Mike the Wino

Dara100

Post a reply here and then I’ll send you a PM. And if any of those 3 names doesn’t post within 72 hours, I’ll draw a new name from my hat.  Smile

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Wow thankyou RebKean! I can’t wait to play it Smile

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

BitingWit - 26 August 2017 10:45 AM

Wow thankyou RebKean! I can’t wait to play it Smile

PM sent.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

48 hours left ...
Come and collect your prize:

Mike the Wino

Dara100

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

This is really cool, RebKean! Thank you SO much. The demo was great, and I’m silently hoping to hear more footsteps in the future!

Cheers!  Laughing

Mike (the Wino)

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Mike the Wino - 27 August 2017 01:39 PM

This is really cool, RebKean! Thank you SO much. The demo was great, and I’m silently hoping to hear more footsteps in the future!

Cheers!  Laughing

Mike (the Wino)

Great! Just one left now. But I still have the hat with the names in it, so I’m sure I’ll be able to force-feed the game to somebody.  Tongue

And yes, more footsteps are coming. Been taking some photos today actually. Need a better name for the game next time around though. If you google it, there’s a lot of other stuff coming up! I thought I had checked that out it advance, but I must’ve changed the name at some point.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Any plans to release it on Steam? It would give you better exposure than the few adventure game fans who frequent these boards. I know the last Carol Reed was on Steam, but I am not sure how well that performed financially for them.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

SoccerDude28 - 27 August 2017 02:17 PM

Any plans to release it on Steam? It would give you better exposure than the few adventure game fans who frequent these boards. I know the last Carol Reed was on Steam, but I am not sure how well that performed financially for them.

I was reading about just that earlier today actually. I’m looking into it, and other options. I’ve been very scared about releasing this game, so marketing has not been a priority to be honest. Now that it’s been out for almost a week, I’m starting to relax a little. No review out yet, but I haven’t heard anything too bad. So I can start looking into getting the word out soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Yes, Carol was on Steam. Don’t know exactly how that went, compared to not being on there. I’ll have to ask him about that. (No, Carol’s not a man now Tongue )
Another good reminder! (About Steam and Carol, not about becoming a man ...)

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Hi RebKean.

So glad I’m a winner.  Thanks!

Hope I’ve gotten here in time and can’t wait to play it.

I’ve sent you an email too just in case.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

All wins claimed and delivered. Cool!

Feel free to tell me what you think, both good and bad. I’m not saying I’ll do whatever you say, cause it’s not possible to please all, but I like to know what people think. Well, perhaps not every thought, but you know, if 100% of the players tell me that they truly hate the music for instance, well then it’s probably a good idea to change that in the next game.  Tongue

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I’ve finished the game and I’d like to thank RebKean again for the opportunity to play it Smile

What I liked:
-The story was interesting
-Large number & range of locations
-Great voice acting and lovely music
-Good puzzles

What I did not like so much:
-Navigation and backtracking could be confusing without the ability to turn around
-Low resolution
-Some locations were reused from the latest Carol Reed game

Overall, a very impressive debut effort, and I’m looking forward to future games Smile

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

BitingWit - 12 September 2017 07:48 AM

I’ve finished the game and I’d like to thank RebKean again for the opportunity to play it Smile

What I liked:
-The story was interesting
-Large number & range of locations
-Great voice acting and lovely music
-Good puzzles

What I did not like so much:
-Navigation and backtracking could be confusing without the ability to turn around
-Low resolution
-Some locations were reused from the latest Carol Reed game

Overall, a very impressive debut effort, and I’m looking forward to future games Smile

Cool that you (mostly) liked it!  Smile

I will have better navigation next time, and I know that it get’s hard at times.
Resolution should also get better, with two versions to choose from.
One location was re-used from Hope Springs Eternal. It had a purpose though, but I’m sorry you felt it was a bad thing. Mikael and I have visited the same places at times, so get ready for that if you play the next one.  Tongue

Thanks!

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

I uploaded a walkthrough on YouTube today. In case someone needs a visual aid.  Smile
Complete Walkthrough

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top