• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

BlackMirror announced by THQ Nordic

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

THQ Nordic & KING Art

A new adventure from the famous, spine-chilling franchise will be released on November 28, 2017 on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One

Vienna/Austria, Bremen/Germany: 16th August 2017 – THQ Nordic is thrilled to reveal its new project: Black Mirror, a Gothic horror adventure, due for release on 28th November 2017. The game will be developed by the Bremen studio KING Art Games, known for “The Book of Unwritten Tales”, “The Dwarves” and “The Raven”, and will be available on PC/Mac/Linux, PS4 and Xbox One.

Black Mirror - The Brand
The game name may already exist one way or another, and no, we’re not talking about the Netflix series. The first part of the creepy adventure series was released in 2004 as “The Black Mirror”, which produced two more spin-offs, “Black Mirror II” (2009) and “Black Mirror III” (2011).

But don’t worry, even players unfamiliar with the previous games in the series can also enjoy Black Mirror, because this reboot of the franchise tells a totally independent and new story. The major difference between the new and old Black Mirror, apart from the modern graphics of course, will be a new gameplay element: interaction with vision-like apparitions.

“One of the outstanding features of the Black Mirror game series is the unique atmosphere which was essentially created by KING Art in the original trilogy. We have developed a new interpretation that both retains the strengths of the original games and gives us more room to explore fresh possibilities in terms of gameplay so that players can experience the world of Black Mirror in a more direct and free way, and not “just” in classic point-and-click style.” – Martin Kreuch, Producer at THQ Nordic.

“Black Mirror is a series that is really close to my heart, and it was fantastic to be immersed in the Gothic horror genre again; the human psyche is a fascinating playground!” – Achim Heidelauf, Producer “Black Mirror” (2017), Director & Writer “Black Mirror II” (2009).

“Black Mirror II” (2009) was the first big adventure KING Art worked on, and it’s fantastic to be able to create the new world of the Gordons and Black Mirror. We will be emphasising the unsettling atmosphere and the meticulous detail that the fans of a Black Mirror title have come to expect.” Jan Theysen, Creative Director KING Art Games.

Gamescom 2017
A playable demo of Black Mirror will be ready for gamescom 2017 for both industry and public visitors to try out, and the THQ Nordic Stand (A011) is in the Entertainment Area in Hall 8

Announcement trailer

PC/X/PS4

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Hopefully, they’ll have more bearable main characters this time around. And they’ll polish the story as well. I really liked the atmosphere the games had, but it didn’t take long for the story dig itself in a hole it couldn’t get out anymore.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I trust in KingArt to make a good game, but where is BoUT 3??? Needs a closure

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Why do they use the name Black Mirror? Different protagonist, no relationship to the previous BM games. Why not choose a new title? It’s not like the name alone will draw millions of fans. Unless they are banking on the popularity of the TV show drawing in fans.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 16 August 2017 10:45 AM

Unless they are banking on the popularity of the TV show drawing in fans.

There was a TV show?

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

nomadsoul - 16 August 2017 09:05 AM

“One of the outstanding features of the Black Mirror game series is the unique atmosphere which was essentially created by KING Art in the original trilogy. We have developed a new interpretation that both retains the strengths of the original games and gives us more room to explore fresh possibilities in terms of gameplay so that players can experience the world of Black Mirror in a more direct and free way, and not “just” in classic point-and-click style.” – Martin Kreuch, Producer at THQ Nordic.

Another Black Mirror game would be great but what are these supposedly “fresh possibilities in terms of gameplay”? .....in a “more direct and free way, and not “just” in classic point-and-click style.” ? I hope this is not going to be another ‘mullering’ of a game riding on the back of a previous franchise which won’t appeal to existing fans.

At least there will be a demo available!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

crabapple - 16 August 2017 01:32 PM

There was a TV show?

It’s not related to the game, it’s more like the twilight zone for the new age. Each episode tells a tale of modern technology gone mad.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

King Art has nothing to do with Black Mirror trilogy. The first part was created by Future Games, and second and third installment by Cranberry Production.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

KING Art was extensively involved in Black Mirror II (I believe before it was finished up by Cranberry, but don’t quote me on that part. For sure they helped write and design it, though.)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They say it in their announcement

https://kingart-games.com/article/21-black-mirror-announced

Over 10 years ago, Black Mirror 2 was the first major offline game we’ve designed.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

diego - 16 August 2017 03:40 PM

King Art has nothing to do with Black Mirror trilogy. The first part was created by Future Games, and second and third installment by Cranberry Production.

Apparently King Art created the concept and the Design for the second game

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

crabapple - 16 August 2017 01:32 PM

There was a TV show?

I highly recommend checking out a couple of episodes if you like TV at all.  They’re all self-contained episodes so you can pick whichever ones you like to test.  Some of the best television I’ve ever watched and all on Netflix.

Maybe some on here will share their favourites if you’re interested.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jackal - 16 August 2017 04:25 PM

KING Art was extensively involved in Black Mirror II (I believe before it was finished up by Cranberry, but don’t quote me on that part. For sure they helped write and design it, though.)

Lucien21 - 16 August 2017 04:33 PM

Apparently King Art created the concept and the Design for the second game

You’re right, I didn’t know that. (seems like they also did some of the dialogues)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jackal - 16 August 2017 04:25 PM

whoever BMII is/was like a flash of a dream for how the intensive narrative of an (old school) AG should be.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 16 August 2017 02:43 PM

Another Black Mirror game would be great but what are these supposedly “fresh possibilities in terms of gameplay”? .....in a “more direct and free way, and not “just” in classic point-and-click style.” ? I hope this is not going to be another ‘mullering’ of a game riding on the back of a previous franchise which won’t appeal to existing fans
At least there will be a demo available

Sorry Chrissie i have no clue , but wild guess is TTG or recent KingsQuest type approach
to appeal to wider audience
Yes Demo at gamescom so soon we will have answers

I too cannot fathom why use old brand for new audience , i mean BM wasnt a multi million seller like say Syberia?
In anycase Manor with cursed bloodline is great setup for dark thriller

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the reply nomadsoul Thumbs Up but have you got any links to the info within your posts particularly about the planned gameplay please.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top