• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Can you help me remembering the name of a game?

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

Hey all!

I’m currently replaying several oldie adventure games, and intending to play anew some others that I eventually missed. One of those games is “Agon: The Lost Sword of Toledo” (saw it on Steam and remembered liking it quite much). But I recall another one, which I call it “The Mystery Game” that I played 9 or 10 years ago (and I’m not sure if it was new at that time) and absolutely don’t remember its name. So if I describe it the best I can, maybe you can help me? Then you can shoot some titles and I’ll check screenshots to see if it rings a bell.

1. Had a very dark atmosphere.

2. Was like a supernatural or even a trans-psychological mystery, but not horror.

2. Almost sure it was first person, and just for PC.

3. Very neat and realistic graphics for the time.

4. It was not historical, so the plot pertained a contemporary character.

5. The story was so dark and sometimes sad.

6. Puzzles were not exclusively inventory based.

7. From the middle of the game up until the end we entered an alternate reality and then shifted between realities.

8. The alternate reality had a kind of a blue-ish hue.

9. We were the sole character, but we investigated something about someone who wrote or left clues for us.

10. I remember I solved several puzzles with machines, gears, and such.

11. It was not particularly hard to crack or even super well-known, I think.

12. No, it was not Myst Smile

It could be anything, right?  Naughty

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Maybe Amber: Journeys Beyond? I haven’t played it, but it seems like the story could be a match. And some of the screenshots look pretty bluish.

If that’s not it, maybe have a look through the various recommendation threads linked to here, e.g. [1], [2], and see if some names ring a bell.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Outcry comes to mind, even though I can’t remember anything about the story.

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

Kurufinwe - 15 August 2017 08:21 AM

Maybe Amber: Journeys Beyond? I haven’t played it, but it seems like the story could be a match. And some of the screenshots look pretty bluish.

If that’s not it, maybe have a look through the various recommendation threads linked to here, e.g. [1], [2], and see if some names ring a bell.

Even though what I described almost fits that title, after checking the gameplay, I’m pretty sure it isn’t Journeys Beyond. The game I’m talking about looks a tad newer in terms of graphics. Thanks for the recommendations, I ran through them and besides those games being interesting, or pretty well known to me, I didn’t find what I was looking for. Oh well Smile

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

Oscar - 15 August 2017 08:50 AM

Outcry comes to mind, even though I can’t remember anything about the story.

Bingo!

Thanks so much for your help!

I’m pretty sure I never played an adventure with such an atmospheric and dramatic edge.
It was an intense experience and you helped me recovering it.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

I’m sorry for this horrific off topic post, but I so love your name!  Pan
(And for all that doesn’t speak Norweigan, it means headache)

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Looks kind of like “head pain”.

Is there a better term for hangover than the German, katzenjammer?  Meaning literally something like cats misery.

Just to take things really off topic. Tongue

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

dumbeur - 15 August 2017 11:43 AM

Looks kind of like “head pain”.

Is there a better term for hangover than the German, katzenjammer?  Meaning literally something like cats misery.

Just to take things really off topic. Tongue

It is head pain, yes.

I’m Swedish, but speak Norwegian OK I think. (have some genes from there)
But I’m going to use my own language to answer your question. We say baksmälla, which literally means sort of “back whack” lol. I chose the rhyming word, yes.

Will we be banned now?  Confused

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Glavobolja - headache in Serbian. So, any other forgotten games to remember?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

I had one, but then I figured it out. Spycraft I think. I really love that game! What kind of game would you label it as?

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Back in the days long gone (how do I remember this stuff?) there was a popular cartoon called the “Katzenjammer Kids” which needs no explanation.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

RebKean - 15 August 2017 01:31 PM

I had one, but then I figured it out. Spycraft I think. I really love that game! What kind of game would you label it as?

Isn’t it obvious - the Great Game! Crazy

FMV, mystery, interactive movie, hybrid… and with some great puzzles. One of a kind game that’s for certain.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

diego - 15 August 2017 03:52 PM
RebKean - 15 August 2017 01:31 PM

Isn’t it obvious - the Great Game! Crazy

FMV, mystery, interactive movie, hybrid… and with some great puzzles. One of a kind game that’s for certain.

Haha, of course. Silly me.
But yeah, it has bits of everything almost. The action sequences can be a bit stressful, but love the puzzles on the computer. Hmm, perhaps it’s time for a replay. Hey, did I just dream this up or was it a community play during this past year?

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Outcry is one of my most favorite games! It has such a unique graphic style and melancholic mood to it.

Totally underrated game.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

RebKean - 15 August 2017 11:15 AM

It came from my inability to craft nicknames. I just stay endless minutes staring at the screen, almost hypnotized, and trying to come up with something. Gladly that day I carried with me a terrible headache. So, why not? Smile

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

hodepine - 16 August 2017 04:29 AM
RebKean - 15 August 2017 11:15 AM

It came from my inability to craft nicknames. I just stay endless minutes staring at the screen, almost hypnotized, and trying to come up with something. Gladly that day I carried with me a terrible headache. So, why not? Smile

Haha, I know the feeling. I’m not very good with nicknames either. I usually use the same one, a character from the great TV-series Prisoner Cell Block H.
But back to you, yeah why not? It made me laugh, so it can’t be that bad, right?  Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top