• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #43: Sinking Island

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

rtrooney - 16 September 2017 07:25 PM

I’ve been trying to rank the games characters. Here’s my list, ranked from most likable to least likable. Only my opinion.

1. Jack Norm - He’s the protagonist with no skin in the game. So he’s most likable.
2. Sonia - Stood up to WJ. Seemed to be the least interested in inheritance.
3. Lorenzo - Seems to be a guy in over his head.
4. Clara - Married into the dysfunctional family. Her family paid a price. Sympathetic
  character, if not necessarily likable.
5. Kulio) - These two have to be taken as a pair. They are either to be pitied or
6. Baina)  reviled. I lean to the latter, but have to put them in the middle.
7. Martin - Not a great businessman. Married to highly-likable character. Cheats.
8. Christina - A gold digger. If she could have dumped Marco for Walter, she would
      have.
9. Billy - An addict that put’s his wife’s family in bankruptcy because his father
      wouldn’t pay his debts. 
10. Lawyer - Corrupt from the get go. Tried to play all sides and lost on all sides.
11. Marco - Killed his father.
12. Walter Jones - Deserved to di

Not mentioned above, but somebody questioned Jack Norm’s wife’s role in this. I don’t think there is one. Other than a distraction that takes Jack back to his room so that all the other players can re-assemble in other locations. But she is an annoying presence similar to the fiance and mother telephone characters in Syberia.

At least in Syberia the phone calls served a purpose in the characterization of Kate, in here it’s just really a plot device to shuffle the characters since Jack doesn’t have much of a personality.

I agree mostly with your ranking but I think I would put Kulio much lower, lots of shady stuff involving his daughter.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I would separate Kolio and Baina and put them pretty far apart.  Maybe I’m being sexist but she seems to be the victim of two unsavoury characters in Walter and Kolio.

I also think Walter deserving to die somewhat mitigates Marco being a killer, though I’m not sure he’d move up much anyway given his general demeanour and him being a politician. Tongue

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think there is a good possibility that the marriage certificate/license was hidden because there was no way Baina, with the advice of her father, would sign it until WJ was dead. That way she could sign it after the fact, without having to marry the person she loathed. She tried to kill him herself, but lucked out when Marco did the final deed.

That ought to put both of them lower on the list. Except I have no proof of that conspiracy.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top