• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Demo of my first game Silent Footsteps!

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Thank you! I’m sure 65 will do fine. =)

Orientation can be difficult at times. I’ve gotten better at it, and this should not be a problem in the next game.
But at least you can use the space bar to make sure where you can click.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hey, my comment was not intended as a criticism in any way & only specifically referred to that 5th birdhouse - there really was nothing wrong & I was just talking!  Laughing

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Relax, I wasn’t offended. I just wanted to say that I’m aware of the not so great elements.

You’re not the first one that had a little problem finding that thing.

Anyway, you and others have been very kind, so an extra thanks for that!  Smile

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I haven’t had a chance to play the demo yet but this looks promisingly Carol Reed-ish - I’m interested to see more and to find out how it establishes its own character too!

Might you consider publishing on itch.io? That’s very indie-friendly and could be a nice lightweight way to avoid having to send out all your download links manually:
https://itch.io/docs/creators/faq

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Phlebas - 01 August 2017 07:28 AM

I haven’t had a chance to play the demo yet but this looks promisingly Carol Reed-ish - I’m interested to see more and to find out how it establishes its own character too!

Might you consider publishing on itch.io? That’s very indie-friendly and could be a nice lightweight way to avoid having to send out all your download links manually:
https://itch.io/docs/creators/faq

Hope you enjoy it! It’s really hard to guess how others will feel about things you’ve worked on for a long time. We’ll just have to see.

As for the link, it looks interesting, and I will have to investigate it. For right now, I will do most things like Mikael (MDNA Games) does it, since there’s so much to keep track of and learn. But I thank you for the tip, I will look into it when I feel a bit more confident in all things practical.  Smile

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Update, the testing is on it’s way. Release will be later in August, but no delays that I know of right now.  Smile

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-08-25

PM

Hi, RebKean! I purchased the game today and I’m really looking forward to playing it this weekend. Cheers! Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

TheLogLady - 25 August 2017 05:14 PM

Hi, RebKean! I purchased the game today and I’m really looking forward to playing it this weekend. Cheers! Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Great! Have fun, and ask me anything if there’s any problems. =)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-08-25

PM

RebKean - 25 August 2017 05:18 PM

JUST FINISHED IT!

Yeah, the orientation was rough and the effect that you had to use on the photos isn’t my favorite but everything else was wonderful. The music was great, the game has tons of personality and it lets you wander a bit more than the games that it is similar to.

I have really specific things that I like about it but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. I really enjoyed it and I hope you make more! I feel very inspired to try making a game kind of like this myself, actually.

Thanks for making a fun game!

Edit: I was just looking over my notes from playing it and I think you did a really good job of doing extra things with the engine. Like the map overlay was really cool. It worked well. I also like that you had to investigate your beginning inventory instead of relying on picking everything up. I also like the red herring locations because just always going to the right place where there will be clues isn’t as fun as running around and getting it wrong sometimes.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

TheLogLady - 26 August 2017 09:30 PM
RebKean - 25 August 2017 05:18 PM

JUST FINISHED IT!

Yeah, the orientation was rough and the effect that you had to use on the photos isn’t my favorite but everything else was wonderful. The music was great, the game has tons of personality and it lets you wander a bit more than the games that it is similar to.

I have really specific things that I like about it but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. I really enjoyed it and I hope you make more! I feel very inspired to try making a game kind of like this myself, actually.

Thanks for making a fun game!

Edit: I was just looking over my notes from playing it and I think you did a really good job of doing extra things with the engine. Like the map overlay was really cool. It worked well. I also like that you had to investigate your beginning inventory instead of relying on picking everything up. I also like the red herring locations because just always going to the right place where there will be clues isn’t as fun as running around and getting it wrong sometimes.

Yeah, the orientation is unnecessary hard sometimes. It’s like a puzzle of it’s own lol. But I can promise that it will be better in the next one. And I can promise that since I’ve already taken most of the photographs.

The effect thing really divides people. And always have if you read opinions about Carol Reeds first cases. Probably the same thing that happened with those games, will happen here. Better camera = no effects. Probably, I don’t know for sure.

Well, you can’t say that you like a specific thing, and then not say it!  Smile
Or did you do that when you edited the post perhaps? I got really curious now. Send a PM if it’s not suited for everyone’s ears.

I will make more and I’m happy you feel inspired! That’s how I felt a few years ago. And by using photographs, you don’t have to rely on skills in drawing or other things.
I hope you at least look into it. I had a lot of help, cause I knew nothing. And as you noticed, I didn’t take enough photographs. The scenes shouldn’t be that hard to navigate. But you learn pretty quick.

Thank you for your comments, they’re always appreciated.

I’m glad the map thing worked. When you work on it, you have no real idea if it’s too easy or not, since you know the answer. Well, that’s always a problem when I think about it lol. I felt it was logical to have certain things on you from the start. Especially since it’s not Rebecca’s home. I would like to have more red herring places really, but I didn’t have enough photos in the correct season, But very happy you liked that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top