• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall Chapters: the Final Cut

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If you haven’t noticed, the Final Cut, which is also the versions consoles will get, was just released. If you own the game, you should be getting it as a free update.

I started playing the game again, and the performance has been greatly improved. With high setting my rig (GF 750ti) is getting 45+FPS, on maximum setting pretty steady 30+ FPS, which is a significant boost from what the original version had around 25-30fps.

This should be, for all purposes, the final version of the game, containing all the promised content, including the rest of the Kickstarter related tidbits. 

As this is now the fully complete game and if you’ve put it off before, now is as good time as any to play it. Especially because it’s on sale (-40%) as well on GOG and Steam.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I stopped playing DF:C after the awful episode 3, but I decided I’d give it another go when the Final Cut came out. And I decided I’d replay TLJ and DF first.

And then I booted up TLJ yesterday, the landlady vomited plot exposition at me for 30 minutes, and I’m not sure I want to do any of that anymore. Fuck Tornquist and his awful, self-indulgent writing.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Still no fast travel eh,lo-tech travellin in a hi-tech enviroment puts me off.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d love to give this game a play when the console versions are released. Loved the first 2 games in the series.

I would like a North American release of the console version - that does not seem to be in the cards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gabe - 23 July 2017 05:16 AM

Still no fast travel eh,lo-tech travellin in a hi-tech enviroment puts me off.

Adding a fast travel option would remove all the wonderful bits where you run around being totally lost or unsure where to go - about 80% of the game.

Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Got the PS4 version and it is really lovely. Plays like a dream too. This game has the best graphics by far for an adventure game.

A great ending to this trilogy.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 31 December 2017 04:52 PM

Got the PS4 version and it is really lovely. Plays like a dream too. This game has the best graphics by far for an adventure game.

A great ending to this trilogy.

Heart

It jitters in city, FPS hit 20 to 25 and fkin shitbot has bugged on me, disappeared
Also i will post some ultra64 buildings, took shots, unity was a mistake

Funny thing is Dreamfall still looks better aesthetically

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 31 December 2017 09:26 PM

Funny thing is Dreamfall still looks better aesthetically

Yes,a developers joke but doubt if makes anyone Smile.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

as i said at another thread, Final Cut had cut off everything good about the original press, as replacing kidbot with shitbot, this exactly is nuthing but shit! speaks of itself. also as i said before, for whom still have the original press don’t ever remove it hold on to it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wat do you mean by original press dont ever remove it hold on to it?
You are reaching Itagaki level here Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 02 January 2018 03:02 PM

wat do you mean by original press dont ever remove it hold on to it?
You are reaching Itagaki level here Smile

i dont know whos Itagaki!, but what i mean is the original release with the five chapters being released separately a year (i guess) before the Final-Cut release, which still held every puzzle remove during the process of developing the Final-Cut edition.
it was an adventure game, but the final cut was represented to match ttg games exactly, with arrows and directions leading you thru the whole game, obstacles that required thinking and adventuring had been also removed completely from the final cut Nomad.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

This doesn’t sound good.

I bought Dreamfall Chapters way before The Final Cut came out but now my only options for download appear to be that version.

Am I going to be playing an inferior quality game?  Like Broken Sword: Director’s Cut?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 02 January 2018 04:16 PM

This doesn’t sound good.

I bought Dreamfall Chapters way before The Final Cut came out but now my only options for download appear to be that version.

Am I going to be playing an inferior quality game?  Like Broken Sword: Director’s Cut?

that what i am talking about dumbeur exactly if you download the final cut make sure to install it on a different drive than where the original is because the installation will upgrade the game’s content on your computer folder path (X:...\RedThreadGames\DreamfallChapters\) ... (i am no computer tech expert and i am not sure of what i said or how it works exactly) you would possibly you wont be able to plat DFC as how it was when you first played…
these are my 2 cents, and good luck.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Cheers Advie.  I have the game in my GOG library for a long time but never downloaded it.

I’ll try to see if there’s any way for them to give me the old version but I doubt it. Frown

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

..cheers dumbeur!,

for that question, YES! even the old/original version, graphics were downgraded since chapter 3-4. and all chapters in a consequence due to their change of engine from Unreal to Unity, so you have got nothing to do about it.
Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

dumbeur - 02 January 2018 05:42 PM

Cheers Advie.  I have the game in my GOG library for a long time but never downloaded it.

I’ll try to see if there’s any way for them to give me the old version but I doubt it. Frown

You can install the game in Gog Galaxy. Go to settings, uncheck autoamtically update and then choose which previous version to rollback. I think Version 5.4 is before The Final Cut.

Advie - 02 January 2018 05:50 PM

..cheers dumbeur!,

for that question, YES! even the old/original version, graphics were downgraded since chapter 3-4. and all chapters in a consequence due to their change of engine from Unreal to Unity, so you have got nothing to do about it.
Shifty Eyed

Wasn’t it always Unity Engine, they just changed from verion 4 to 5 before Book Four?  What was changed in the puzzles? If they took out that finding drawings puzzle, good riddance!
I only know about 2 scenes that were but playable in the extras and a map.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top