• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Star rating in site reviews missing

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

The last two or three reviews don’t have a star rating or a good and bad section, is this intentional?

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I could be wrong but I think those reviews without ratings are for those games not strictly considered adventure games.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

BW is correct. Any games we don’t consider “adventure games” proper are ungraded.

(I’m assuming you can see the star rating for Stories Untold, which is the second-most recent review. If not, that is a problem.)

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

BitingWit - 21 July 2017 10:29 AM

I could be wrong but I think those reviews without ratings are for those games not strictly considered adventure games.

Jackal - 21 July 2017 11:09 AM

BW is correct. Any games we don’t consider “adventure games” proper are ungraded.

(I’m assuming you can see the star rating for Stories Untold, which is the second-most recent review. If not, that is a problem.)

That clears it up guys. Thanks!

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Jackal - 21 July 2017 11:09 AM

That also seems to be missing at least one star. Wink

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Ha! That part I can’t control. But there’s about 1500 words underneath that explains that omission. Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well, kind of. I guess not very difficult puzzles and occasionally muddy textures means subtracting 2 stars these days. Oh and it apparently resembles some obscure TV show I’ve never heard of, but who cares about that?

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I was taking the piss but I did find the Stranger Things knock a bit strange.  It clearly worked.

It’s a narrative adventure and it excels at it.  I had no idea I could be scared witless by a text adventure before this. Tongue

Also thought the criticism of the limited text parser was unwarranted as I felt it was purposeful and added to the tension as we were railroaded towards an imminent and unavoidable horror.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Oscar - 26 July 2017 07:43 AM

Well, kind of. I guess not very difficult puzzles and occasionally muddy textures means subtracting 2 stars these days. Oh and it apparently resembles some obscure TV show I’ve never heard of, but who cares about that?

Nice spin. You can get more than that from even the laziest reading of the negatives at the top.

And why should the reviewer care what you’ve heard of? He’s sharing his experience, not yours. It’s of course your prerogative to ignore things that don’t matter to you, but foolish to criticize a reviewer for mentioning things that matter to them.

Shame you can’t value the review as an alternate viewpoint (that will surely be shared by others), not just a means to validate your own opinion.

dumbeur - 26 July 2017 08:25 AM

I was taking the piss but I did find the Stranger Things knock a bit strange.  It clearly worked.

Worked how? (I mean specifically being derivative of ST?) Genuine question.

(And yeah, I knew you were just taking the piss earlier. Totally received as such. Smile)

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Glad it came across as such; I’m not unfamiliar with my humour rubbing people the wrong way. Grin

I should have been clearer about what worked.  I meant the ambience/packaging(?) of the game worked well, so the fact it mirrored another work, perhaps coincidentally, seems irrelevant.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top