• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sherlock Holmes in modern-day London

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Watching “Sherlock” for the first time and thinking, “How awesome would it be if Frogwares acquired licensing from BBC and made a game based on it—a Holmes mystery based in modern-day London?” Would be even cooler if Stephen Moffat wrote it.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

I have to admit I’ve never seen the show, mainly because I’m not all that interested in the modern day but I just find the grittyness of the late 1800s a lot more interesting and appealing. Back when fingerprints, CCTV, and sperm samples didn’t matter.

But like I said, I’ve never seen the show and maybe I’d actually like it if it’s not too CSI.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

How about him in Modern Day New York with a female sidekick?

Which is the new US take on Sherlock.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Or how about 100 years in the future? Sherlock can travel around in a hovercar instead of a horse and cart and use a handheld nanomolecular laser scanner instead of a magnifying glass, and Watson can be a robot cyberdoctor with ninja abilities! That would be awesome. Are you listening Frogwares?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Oscar - 14 October 2012 05:28 AM

Or how about 100 years in the future? Sherlock can travel around in a hovercar instead of a horse and cart and use a handheld nanomolecular laser scanner instead of a magnifying glass, and Watson can be a robot cyberdoctor with ninja abilities! That would be awesome. Are you listening Frogwares?

Cool

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

Lucien21 - 14 October 2012 05:09 AM

What - again!? That’s been done already in the 70s:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067848/combined

With much more interesting results it seems.

www.hardydev.com - blogging about indie and underground adventures

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Oh god… that CBS show looks even WORSE lol. I hate it when they have to remake something in “American” even if it’s less than a year old just because American audiences aren’t open minded enough to watch something out of Europe.

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

prehistoric sherlock pls

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Ascovel - 14 October 2012 06:01 AM
Lucien21 - 14 October 2012 05:09 AM

What - again!? That’s been done already in the 70s:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067848/combined

With much more interesting results it seems.

Actually it’s already been done twice:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275140/

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 14 October 2012 04:03 AM

I have to admit I’ve never seen the show, mainly because I’m not all that interested in the modern day but I just find the grittyness of the late 1800s a lot more interesting and appealing. Back when fingerprints, CCTV, and sperm samples didn’t matter.

But like I said, I’ve never seen the show and maybe I’d actually like it if it’s not too CSI.

You’re missing out, it’s a fantastic adaptation. Not CSI at all.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You haven’t seen Sherlock if you didn’t watch this movie  Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Hammerite - 14 October 2012 06:43 AM

prehistoric sherlock pls

there you go

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

rottford - 13 October 2012 09:49 PM

Watching “Sherlock” for the first time and thinking, “How awesome would it be if Frogwares acquired licensing from BBC and made a game based on it—a Holmes mystery based in modern-day London?” Would be even cooler if Stephen Moffat wrote it.

That would be most extraordinary, and it would make my very delighted. It would be even better if Benedict Cumberbatch voiced Sherlock in the game. Heart Eyes

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Huge fan of ‘Sherlock’. Really insulted by the american adaptation ‘Elementary’, with no insult to Lucy, but the show is that so…american. No, just no.

‘22nd Century’, I watched as a kid. Amongst all the other great shows like Carmen Sandiego, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, etc. So many great shows.

Though, I’d love a ‘Sherlock’ game adaptation done properly, sort of like what Dr Who did….but with a proper development team.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

SweetDalilah - 14 October 2012 01:34 PM
rottford - 13 October 2012 09:49 PM

That would be most extraordinary, and it would make my very delighted. It would be even better if Benedict Cumberbatch voiced Sherlock in the game. Heart Eyes

I can’t really picture anyone BUT Benedict Cumberbatch doing Sherlock’s voice. Just like I have a hard time not hearing Jeremy Brett’s voice when reading Sherlock’s dialogue in “Case of the Serrated Scalpel.”

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I want a Sherlock Holmes game based on the Robert Downey Jr. movies. It could be like Uncharted, but with more puzzles and good quips from the down man!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top