• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gorogoa - You must try this demo

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

I was just at the Indiecade conference last week and one title that I had previously not heard of jumped out at me: Gorogoa.

The first time I saw the game it was being demonstrated in a room of indie developers, and there were several moments where the whole room gasped and broke out in applause at some of the moments and ideas contained in the brief demo.  I met the developer and spent a lot of time discussing his methods and philosophies behind the game, but to reveal too much would be spoiling the experience.  TRY IT!!! It’s an amazing new take on adventure games.

Here’s the website, and here is a direct link to the (Windows only) demo.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Humm… Whenever I try to download and install, I get the message the file is corrupt.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

It’s a .zip file with no installer.  You should be able to unzip?

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Whenever I try to unzip that’s when it keeps telling me it’s corrupted. Pretty bizarre. I’ll try downloading from another machine…

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Since this got a recommendation from the extremely talented VinceTwelve I tried it immediately. All I can say is wow!!! Really amazing idea. It’s not really an adventure game, at least not in the way I think of them, but a very clever and innovative variation of the sort of games Amanita usually makes. I’m really looking forward to seeing the whole thing, when it is finished! Definitely worth the time I spent on it.

By the way the zip file unzipped without problems on my PC.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

wow indeed. can’t wait to see the whole thing. i felt like exploring a dream Smile

p.s. some of the pictures reminded me of art I usually see on cards of some sort.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Download: Successful!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

OK, that was absolutely fantastic.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Totally amazing. This game must be played by everybody.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Love it.  Heart Indies are the future. I know I’ve said the exact opposite in the past, but it’s never too late to see the error of my ways. Or perhaps the indies have become much more interesting and creative…

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Beautiful game (and definitely an adventure in my book) and a very unique idea, though I must say, I love the concept a bit more than the actual implementation so far. Some solutions were very intuitive and elegant, some seemingly quite random and/or victim of “reverse engineering” logic (like new panels magically appearing unannounced under old ones, requiring pure trial-and-error to find). 

But still, glad to hear about this one. It’s officially on AG’s radar now.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-10-10

PM

First of all, thanks to Vince Twelve for pointing people to the demo. Thanks also to everyone who has had kind things to say about the game. It’s awesome to hear.

But since this is a work in progress, constructive criticism is also very valuable. Before this past weekend at IndieCade, very few people had played the game, so it was hard to get a sense of which puzzles (or other aspects) work and which don’t. I will probably rework some of the puzzles you’ve seen in the demo (based on some feedback already received) but I want to make sure I’m making the right changes.

Especially from a community focused on good puzzle design, it would be great to know specifically which moments are solid and which could use some work.

Thanks again for playing my game!

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Wow!! What an interesting and unique game!!I loved it!! Everyone should try it.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Just finished the demo - it was great!

One of the few things I’d like to get “rectified” or whatever you’d like to call it, is for inactive - never to be used again - areas to simply become unaccessible once you leave them. By this I especially mean the painting of the branch with green leafs on and the city in the background. It just becomes a nuisance when doing inevitable trial and error at various points when you get stuck. Same goes for the white sign. Prolonging game time with dead hotspots for the sole purpose of extra trial and error is a no-no for me at least.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

as the game didn’t show some stuck-in-one-place moments i didn’t mind the available areas which i’ve already used. i like the difficulty so far but I expect more challenging puzzles as the game moves on. the game mechanics are unique and I could only imagine what could be done with them in the future.

puzzles like the green apple, the gold coin and the fan (which was an apple puzzle as well, i don’t remember the color) were very innovative, but still easy to guess. I don’t mind them because it’s the beginning of the game but I imagine puzzles which need much more effort to accomplish. And with that kind of gameplay things could go waaay deeper.

Anyways, only praise from me for now. I hope that everything keeps this innovative direction and more surprises are coming our way.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-04-22

PM

What a nice brilliant game this is gonna be !!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top