• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Finn in 1989 (by Deeper Games) - iOS promo code giveaway

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2017-07-18

PM

To celebrate the release of my first game, I’m giving away 10 free promo codes for Finn in 1989.

Rules to get a promo code:
* Add a comment to this post describing what recent game or book makes you feel nostalgic for the 1980s.
* Ask me anything about making a game with my family.
* I’ll send you a promo code.

About Finn in 1989

This is a love letter to the 80’s, and any fans of interactive fiction. This is for the fans of Stranger Things, Ready Player One, anyone who stayed up all night playing Nintendo, and fans of interactive fiction.

Finn in 1989 is a playable, interactive story of survival against all odds. A young boy discovers he’s lost in time with only his backpack and his walkie-talkie. Help young Finn make life or death decisions, and unearth the mystery behind his disappearance.

About Deeper Games:

Deeper Games is a family run indie studio based out of Seattle, WA. We make games rooted in nostalgia for the 80’s, and we reminisce about technology that our son thinks are antiques.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1216875269?mt=8
https://discord.gg/3JKZSYN
http://www.twitter.com/deepergames

Image Attachments

AdventureGameBanner.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-02-24

PM

Hi,

It’s great to see more games about the 80’s!

The latest game that brought memories from the 80’s for me was Thimbleweed Park, as it seemed like I was playing a lost late 80’s adventure game. The book was Ready Player One.

About making games with your family, my question would be how hard is it to decouple the personal from professional side of things?

I wish you all the sucess with your projects!

Cheers,
Bruno

Adventuring since 1986

Joined 2017-07-18

PM

I loved the trailer that I saw for that… I love the pixel art style.    As for making games with my family, it can be a slight challenge to decouple things… mostly i don’t want to work when my husband does, and the reverse is true too.  Our son likes to watch over my shoulder a little too much, but he’s learning he wants to make games so I encourage it.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

This looks like fun but I have no iOS device to play it on!
I’ll answer your question though:

I have been reading Paper Girls, by Brian K Vaughan and Cliff Chiang:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-paper-girls-comic-brian-k-vaughan-20151130-htmlstory.html
It’s a terrific series and while it involves time travel and (I think) multiple universes, it’s definitely rooted in the 80s and evocative of that period.

Joined 2017-07-18

PM

Phlebas - 18 July 2017 11:14 AM

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-paper-girls-comic-brian-k-vaughan-20151130-htmlstory.html
It’s a terrific series and while it involves time travel and (I think) multiple universes, it’s definitely rooted in the 80s and evocative of that period.

Paper Girls, GREAT comic… i totally got an 80’s vibe from the first trade.  If you’d like a promo code to give away to someone you know, or know any reviewers or media, I can send you a PM with one.

Joined 2017-07-18

PM

Australians apparently love it…

Image Attachments

Australia.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-02-24

PM

Thank you for the key. I have been trying out the game and it looks very interesting.

It plays like a more advanced text adventure and the Strager Things influence is a bit too obvious Smile

Regardless, I’m having a great time with the game. I can see myself paying for a sequel.

Thanks

Adventuring since 1986

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Deeper Games - 18 July 2017 11:16 AM
Phlebas - 18 July 2017 11:14 AM

Paper Girls, GREAT comic… i totally got an 80’s vibe from the first trade.  If you’d like a promo code to give away to someone you know, or know any reviewers or media, I can send you a PM with one.

If I had a key to give away I’d be looking here for someone to give it to Smile Can I take a raincheck in case you ever make an Android version?

Joined 2017-07-18

PM

NightShadowPT - 19 July 2017 02:18 AM

Thank you for the key. I have been trying out the game and it looks very interesting.

It plays like a more advanced text adventure and the Strager Things influence is a bit too obvious Smile

Regardless, I’m having a great time with the game. I can see myself paying for a sequel.

Thanks

Thanks for the great feedback… it’s been a fun learning experience.

Joined 2017-07-18

PM

Working on translation into Chinese next week… it’s a larger market and Lifeline did well there. Is anyone here a native Mandarin speaker and interested in a free code to help spot check the translation?

Joined 2017-07-18

PM

I still have a few codes left!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top