• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Disappointing year for adventure games?

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Quern came out this year.  I think this has been an absolutely fantastic year.  Quality over quantity.

I don’t know why it would matter that people on a forum are currently talking about particular games or how that is a benchmark for anything.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

darthmaul - 20 August 2017 12:05 PM

Quern came out this year.

No, it didn’t.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s nice to have a lull one year to catch up!  Laughing
There does though seem to be a lot of games due for release from the end of August onwards.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Quality over quantity

Pretty much

Finch and Observer are stellar, later being not walking sim
Tweedpark was good
Ronpa3 is solid closure and coming soon
Rime was decent and had decent puzzles
Lone Echo
Tacoma
SexyBrutale
Night in the woods

Syberia3 was nosedive in quality other wise many games increased production and set new bars infact

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Oscar - 20 August 2017 12:36 PM

Quern came out this year.

No, it didn’t.

Ah, I went by the date of the review here.

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

There’s been some real gems like thimbleweed park and more recently The darkside detective. We finally saw the end of the Dream machine aswell.

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Autumn’s looking good. First of all, there’ll be The Inner World 2 in September. And then, as promised, Blackenrock is currently presented at the Gamescom im Germany. I’ve just read a short summary about it, and I think I know now, why the development took Jonathan this long:

-the game is around 50 hours long (according to Jonathan)
-quicktravel by smartphone map
-cases can be solved in any order you like
-player’s decisions influence the outcome of the cases
-weather changes
-NPCs at the scenes change during the time of day, and any location can be visited at any time

It’s finally reached the finish line and will be out later this year, Iceberg Interactive (the official publisher) says. There’ll be a box that also contains Midnight Horror, too.

I think it’s true this time, guys. I it’s as good as The Lost Crown we’re in for a real treat. Let’s hope for the best.

My source

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Sorry for the double posting, but it seems that the developers of Detective Gallo will manage to keep their promise. The game will be released before the year is over. If you were a fan of the old Disney comics and the Duck Tales cartoon, it’s probably a good game for you.
I’m looking forward to it, and I’m currently stuck early in the demo.

There’s also The Inner World 2 in around 3 weeks. Let’s be honest, there’s still a hope for this year. And even if that’s not enough for you, I’ve rarely seen so many full length freeware adventures in just one year. I’ll check out some of those, too.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Google tells me that 2017 saw the release (or is going to see the release) of Thimbleweed Park, Tacoma, Life is Strange: Fire Walk With Me Edition, Night in the Woods, Syberia 3, Danganronpa 3 (oh yaaaaas), Prof Layton Girl Edition, Blackwood Crossing and Darkside Detective.

That’s a pretty solid turn out for the year. The real issue that I believe you have identified is that 2017 has been a poor year for people talking about adventure games. How do we get these games to become a greater part of the conversation surrounding gaming? This is the nut we are all trying to crack!!!

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

thejobloshow - 25 August 2017 02:20 AM

The real issue that I believe you have identified is that 2017 has been a poor year for people talking about adventure games. How do we get these games to become a greater part of the conversation surrounding gaming? This is the nut we are all trying to crack!!!

This is actually a interesting conundrum, the main influencers these days seem to be streamers and the like and they don’t really seem to take to adventure games (at least in my experience, unless you count the first-person horror variety like Amnesia/layers of fear).

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Also - weather it’s a good year or bad depends on the platform also, my PS4 and iPad got tons of great releases this year. I even have a backlog of 2017 releases waiting to be played.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top