• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games for the Halloween season?

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I don’t know how you feel about First-Person Shooters, but Doom 3, BioShock, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, and Condemned: Criminal Origins are quite appropriate for this time of year. Smile Doom 3 is getting a special re-release in a couple of weeks time on PC and consoles so that will be my Halloween game this month! Laughing

Other action-adventures/survival horrors would be Alan Wake and Dead Space 1 & 2…

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 05 October 2012 08:07 AM

Costume Quest Tongue

I whole-heartedly second this recommendation.  If you don’t know, this isn’t an adventure game, but more of a simple action/RPG by Double Fine.  However, it is a ton of fun, and I’ve been waiting until it gets closer to Halloween to replay it myself.  It really captures the spirit of trick-or-treating as a kid.

Edit: if you’re willing to venture even further into games that require a little bit more of the old manual dexterity, I would also definitely second the recommendation of Alan Wake.  Very creepy and fun with a great story - perfect for Halloween.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

TheCthulhu - 05 October 2012 12:18 PM
Foinikas - 05 October 2012 06:16 AM

I’m sorry,I don’t understand the reason for this post since you yourself wrote a huge list with all the adventure or adventure-like horror games.What are we supposed to add?You posted 90% of the adventure horror games or so.

Am I supposed to say Resident Evil?It doesn’t have that much of adventure clues.Resident Evil and Silent Hill have a lot of puzzles but are not considered games similar to adventure.

I mean look at that,you ask for Halloween season games and you just write a huge list with most of them.Kind of pointless don’t you think?

Well for one, despite my large list, I’m sure I’ve missed quite a few great games over the years, so thought the forum members here could clue me in on those I may have overlooked.

In addition, I thought it would be great, after searching and not finding a similar thread, to collect a list of these types of games in one place….....and the list I posted is my own addition/contribution.

I think it would be rather pointless to ask the question and NOT relay to the forum members which games I had already played, resulting in them simply rehashing those on my list, which would inevitably happen…....and be useless to me…...

And finally, listing those I played and enjoyed and those that I chose not to try gives the forum members a good idea of the types of games I’m looking for.  I thought it would be helpful…....

The only reason I got frustrated with your post is that I wanted to suggest a lot of the games you included in your list :p

Don’t take me wrong I am a huge horror games lover,I go around reading lists of Top Horror games or Scary Gaming moments and videos of those on the net and I’ve got lots of Horror games in my collection.

Did anyone mention Black Mirror?If not you can give it a try too.Although especially for Halloween you should go with other games like Silent Hill and/or similar to Amnesia games.Would you be interested in watching some very good videos I especially chose from youtube that involve Scary games,Halloween PC games and Top Horror charts???

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My fav scary games are:

Thersia: Dear Emily

Phasmagoria

I’ve played Dark Seed on the Amiga and really liked it. Well worth the search to find in my book.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2010-12-05

PM

Foinikas - 05 October 2012 02:41 PM
TheCthulhu - 05 October 2012 12:18 PM
Foinikas - 05 October 2012 06:16 AM

I’m sorry,I don’t understand the reason for this post since you yourself wrote a huge list with all the adventure or adventure-like horror games.What are we supposed to add?You posted 90% of the adventure horror games or so.

Am I supposed to say Resident Evil?It doesn’t have that much of adventure clues.Resident Evil and Silent Hill have a lot of puzzles but are not considered games similar to adventure.

I mean look at that,you ask for Halloween season games and you just write a huge list with most of them.Kind of pointless don’t you think?

Well for one, despite my large list, I’m sure I’ve missed quite a few great games over the years, so thought the forum members here could clue me in on those I may have overlooked.

In addition, I thought it would be great, after searching and not finding a similar thread, to collect a list of these types of games in one place….....and the list I posted is my own addition/contribution.

I think it would be rather pointless to ask the question and NOT relay to the forum members which games I had already played, resulting in them simply rehashing those on my list, which would inevitably happen…....and be useless to me…...

And finally, listing those I played and enjoyed and those that I chose not to try gives the forum members a good idea of the types of games I’m looking for.  I thought it would be helpful…....

The only reason I got frustrated with your post is that I wanted to suggest a lot of the games you included in your list :p

Don’t take me wrong I am a huge horror games lover,I go around reading lists of Top Horror games or Scary Gaming moments and videos of those on the net and I’ve got lots of Horror games in my collection.

Did anyone mention Black Mirror?If not you can give it a try too.Although especially for Halloween you should go with other games like Silent Hill and/or similar to Amnesia games.Would you be interested in watching some very good videos I especially chose from youtube that involve Scary games,Halloween PC games and Top Horror charts???

Sorry for taking all your favorites.  Smile

We just got done playing the Black Mirror trilogy actually.  We thought they were good - certainly of top production quality - but not great/classic.  There was nothing wrong with the game(s) itself, we just found the story to be a little slow and lacking.  But we enjoyed them nonetheless.  I guess we have high expectations due to great series like GK and Broken Sword…....

I really enjoyed Overclocked.  Still Life was quite good as well for this time of year imo….....

I love Silent Hill and have played up to #4.  Haven’t played any of the newer ones yet.  Unfortunately I’ve found most Japanese game series like Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, etc get such convoluted storylines after a couple of games.  I don’t know what it is about the developers there - the stories and games start out GREAT - but proceed to get SO absurd they just cease to make any sense after the first couple of entries.  It’s like the Japanese game curse…..

As far as short films and videos go, sure, I’d love to see some suggestions.  Just make sure to list them as such so people only interested in games will know what you’re listing…...

Perhaps this will become the ALL things Halloween thread…....  Smile

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

I personally only like RE 1 and RE 2 and RE remake(one of the best survival horror games of all time,if not the best)

Ok so start watching!

IGN’s Halloween Special,13 Halloween Scariest games:

Top 10 scariest games of all time by GT countdown:

Top Scariest Gaming Moments part 1:

and part 2:

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I would also consider Gray Matter.  I’m not even sure what season the game is set in, but the overall aesthetic makes it fit the season well.  Just like I would consider Syberia a “winter” game, I think Gray Matter is a “fall” game.  And it’s a little spooky, too.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Upcoming indie game The Cat Lady should be released on Halloween, and will certainly send a shiver down your spine if it’s something spooky you’re after.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2010-04-14

PM

My suggestions are for Barrow Hill and the first two Dark Fall games, though they are first person.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Two more horror games also come to mind:

999 - 9 hours, 9 persons and 9 doors, also Still Life 2 are perfect for the halloween season.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TheCthulhu - 05 October 2012 06:10 AM

Hey all,I’m looking for adventure games (or other genres with strong adventure elements) that have a premise fitting of the Halloween season.

I think you could probably have left the question there, without adding a rather extensive list of games you already thought would fit the bill.

That said, there are a whole bunch of casual games, that, in terms of general creepiness, fit the bill for a Halloween game perfecty.

While there are certainly some scary adventures out there. Scratches and Barrow Hill to name two. But for a downright creepy game, the third Ravenhurst or Phantasmat would certainly qualify.

Now for my nomination for the ultimate Halloween scare game. Nothing can top the original Shivers from Sierra.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Did anyone watch the videos I posted? -_-

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I should of finished the first episodic of my paranormal first person show game series. Meh It would of done so well. Hmmmm! Maybe…

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Horror games are good to play any day(or actually night)but on Halloween you just HAVE to dedicate 10-13 games playing only or mostly horror games! Grin

Edit: Sorry I meant 10-13 days!!!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

10-13 games? Sheesh, I don’t think I even play that many games on a yearly basis! Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top