• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Paradigm

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This not a thread, this is an execution for the title’s discussion space .

one of those you kept aside for while to discover you been wrong and have needed to had ran long ago.

and also my respect for Oscar who had encouraged me many times about it and sadly i waited that long, but you are right , it everything up my alley.

love the site rating for it, yoo wow, finally sumthing right to fullness.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Is that good the game to deserve 5 stars?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yes, take my word ABOUT TH GAME if your an old skooler with mind that itching for some space quest foolishness with too much details about everything for item at the game, to everything else, i guess that is the were the game shines at the best part, being so detailed, with gameplaying that intense too. but be ready for a mostly unlikeable protagonist that hardly can see thru his foolishness or is he really a hell of a smart, sometimes i feel he is just there to make things move on.
the gameplaying itself gives lesson to how devs dont need to spend much money (AND SWEAT) for art work and ANIMATIONS!, not trade all these for for the moving narrative, good dialogue, and last and not the least smart puzzles .

but if you ask about the SITE SCORE in specific, i tell 1st-ly without a 2nd thought ‘way to go’!!.
tho i my self on the other hand would not have ‘dared’ to give it the five stars , but taking advantage of my 2nd thought , i say chapeau to CaliMonk for how the least he had a obviously objective judged it like as if he had summoned the glory of the 90s and looked at the Paradigm thru a time machine ‘nostalgia’ glasses; looking into it how it has the winning statistics of a great adventures maybe like DOtT 5 stars! why not?, what if Paradigm was released 1994, and how would it surely have been with the games appreciated today.

sorry of the too much talk but again
its a daring review rating that i like it like Laughing

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I’m taking your word. I will probably wait for an Spanish translation and if not, then I will do it myself.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

greaat

on a 2nd and deep thought this game reminds me so much of Woodruff and for so many if not all aspects, highly recommended for the Woodruff fans..

Doom are you here?

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh yes! I didn’t plan to purchase it, seemed too kitschy to me. But I had to after reading the enthusiastic review here at AG. Left it for better times, but now I have to try it out immediately Grin

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finished it in two sits with mixed feelings. It’s a very impressive one-man game, but, like expected, too meta and postmodernist. Just a lot of random stuff and jokes thrown in together. Not like Woodruff, rather like Space Quest 6 or some recent games overloaded with cultural references and fourth-wall breaking jokes, only with additional drug/sex/gross-out themes. Funny at times, but not my kind of thing.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok i take this as a valid opinion, maybe i was carried away with the WOORUFF comparison, but finishing it in two sits means it was at least captivating .

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Doom - 06 July 2017 10:04 AM

Finished it in two sits with mixed feelings. It’s a very impressive one-man game, but, like expected, too meta and postmodernist. Just a lot of random stuff and jokes thrown in together. Not like Woodruff, rather like Space Quest 6 or some recent games overloaded with cultural references and fourth-wall breaking jokes, only with additional drug/sex/gross-out themes. Funny at times, but not my kind of thing.

It is a very good game but you shouldn’t expect a masterpiece. Unfortunately the review might mislead some people. I also got the feeling of SQ6 while playing it.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anyways i guess its known i love SQ6

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Oscar - 09 July 2017 12:47 PM
Doom - 06 July 2017 10:04 AM

It is a very good game but you shouldn’t expect a masterpiece. Unfortunately the review might mislead some people. I also got the feeling of SQ6 while playing it.

It may not be a masterpiece but it’s a lot better than Woodruff and the Shnibble.  Naughty

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

It’s very well-crafted. I also liked puzzles and just discovering things (which made me play it till the end). I’m just not a fan of this sort of randomness and cynicism you meet everywhere nowadays. Woodruff had enough of slapstick and rude humour thrown in, but it also featured a unique world with a well-written backstory, not just an ugly mutant (made fun of his ugliness every minute), a sloth that vomits candy bars, a beatboxing plant and a bunch of talking water coolers loosely tied to the history of Eastern Europe. And it was played by nice people who didn’t try to trash games admired by other people out of spite Smile

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Doom - 09 July 2017 04:09 PM

And it was played by nice people who didn’t try to trash games admired by other people out of spite Smile

Trashing? Not really trashing. Is it trashing to say Broken Sword is better than So Blonde?

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 10 July 2017 09:53 AM

Trashing? Not really trashing. Is it trashing to say Broken Sword is better than So Blonde?

As long as you bring this up in the middle of Monkey Island discussion Confused Not that it’s unusual for people to dislike Woodruff, it is an obscure title. I guess in 10 years or so Paradigm will be also hated by many despite the almost universal praise today, as it is even more obscure.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 10 July 2017 01:00 PM

As long as you bring this up in the middle of Monkey Island discussion Confused Not that it’s unusual for people to dislike Woodruff, it is an obscure title. I guess in 10 years or so Paradigm will be also hated by many despite the almost universal praise today, as it is even more obscure.

woodruff so to say, is not for the soft hearted its irritating and stupidly difficult, but winning it is like winning the euro cup instead Portugal Laughing

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Doom - 09 July 2017 04:09 PM

And it was played by nice people who didn’t try to trash games admired by other people out of spite Smile

Not if you phrase it like that.

If you said “Goodness knows Broken Sword is no masterpiece, but at least it’s better than So Blonde”, it would definitely come across as putting down So Blonde.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top