• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinSpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’ve played about 2/3 of the episode so far and it’s definitely not grabbing me like the original game did.

I do have better hopes for the proper sequel though.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The reviews seem good enough I can’t wrap my head around the lack of powers…
Also the pricing scheme is disgusting with a bonus episode locked behind a deluxe edition 10$ more expensive.
Waiting for the inevitable price drops when all the episodes are released

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 01 September 2017 03:49 AM

Also the pricing scheme is disgusting with a bonus episode locked behind a deluxe edition 10$ more expensive.

i cant wrap my head around it either. I loved life is strange. Would i still love it if it was a story without time travel and the supernatural? Id be lying if i said thats a game i wanted to play. The writing and voice acting were good… not *that* good. Still, its nice to see its doing well with reviews. Im going to hold out hope that dontnod makes a sequel that captures what made the game compelling.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

zane - 01 September 2017 09:41 AM

i cant wrap my head around it either. I loved life is strange. Would i still love it if it was a story without time travel and the supernatural? Id be lying if i said thats a game i wanted to play. The writing and voice acting were good… not *that* good. Still, its nice to see its doing well with reviews. Im going to hold out hope that dontnod makes a sequel that captures what made the game compelling.

Supernatural and time-travel made the game compelling? Sorry but I totally disagree.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 01 September 2017 09:48 AM
zane - 01 September 2017 09:41 AM

Supernatural and time-travel made the game compelling? Sorry but I totally disagree.

without the heavy super natural ambiance, dream symbolism, and intrigue over what changing an event in time means to the world around you…. you would be left with a mediocre teen drama novel with a very cliche murder mystery plot.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just wish this got a physical release. I still buy physical games on my PS4.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Just finished the episode and i quite enjoyed it.
It wasn’t completely up there with the original and there were some odd quirks here and there but on the whole it was a good time.

The “teenage-lingo” was slightly better, they even poked fun at the “hella” thing from the org, but it’s in no way convincing. Probably an impossible task to write that kind of stuff and get away with it. But generally it was well written and some scenes were especially good.

They’ve got me, i’ll probably play all the eps.

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

Absolutely will play it but only when the 3 episodes are available as a bundle. I like to binge-play.

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

hodepine - 04 September 2017 06:49 AM

Absolutely will play it but only when the 3 episodes are available as a bundle. I like to binge-play.

That was how i played through the original LiS (was late to the party). I like episodic games and all but it’s alot more enjoyable to pace it out yourself.

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-08-29

PM

I find Life Is Strange: Before the Storm is really interesting and beautiful.
How about you? Laughing

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Final Episode 3 has a release date December 20.

Thumbs Up

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea, A physical release for the PS4 is scheduled for March, I am so buying this in the limited deluxe edition!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

I’m torn about this one.

It feels very similar to Life is Strange (the original), which I really liked, but for some reason I did’t find myself hooked the was I was with Life is Strange… I stopped playing a few weeks back (somewhere around the middle of the game) and am not really looking forward to keep playing.
I’m not sure why, though, perhaps that’s because as a prequel there’s not much to have in the way of suspense, or perhaps that’s because of the absence of Max abilities which brings the gameplay down a notch.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

For me I really enjoyed it up until the last episode, and then it all kind of fell flat to me.

I think if you’re going to go the big dramatic route, it would’ve been a lot more interesting if it tied into the previous game (for example the 3rd episode could’ve featured Rachael going missing and Chloe looking for her).  Or you can keep it more like the previous two chapters and be more of a slice of life / filling in the backstory kind of thing.  Adding in big dramatic moments that were relatively out of nowhere just didn’t really seem necessary, and ended up cheapening the whole thing for me.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am still getting this game, I know the reviews for this game are mixed, I’ll just wait and buy a used copy - that way if it sucks I can return it for a refund.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top